38 replies to this topic

#31 MrChimp

MrChimp

Demonic Poster

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 04:28 AM

you can have a mod without guns... a medieval mod with swords!
Buy stock in Chimp and co!

http://forums.hl2cen...ct=ST&f=2&t=806

#32 csabo2

csabo2

Zombie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 07:25 PM

Damn, I wanna put thoes in my current HL tongue.gif
The first Matrix I designed was quite naturally perfect, it was a work of art - flawless, sublime. A triumph equalled only by its monumental failure. The inevitability of its doom is apparent to me now as a consequence of the imperfection inherent in every human being. Thus, I redesigned it based on your history to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of your nature. However, I was again frustrated by failure. I have since come to understand that the answer eluded me because it required a lesser mind, or perhaps a mind less bound by the parameters of perfection. Thus the answer was stumbled upon by another - an intuitive program, initially created to investigate certain aspects of the human psyche. If I am the father of the matrix, she would undoubtedly be its mother.

#33 X-424

X-424

HeadCrab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 02:59 AM

n00b ?question? here, folks -- you dudes/dudettes have some amazing skills in the modeling department, sure as heck outshines my models. I have been doing mine in the "Box Modeling" style, which from what I gathered is using one box for the entire model. Is this how you do it? Or, do you use several shapes and just *connect* them together? From the looks of it, I would assume you use several shapes -- and they look pimp. Is that the best way to do it?

My Box Modeled .12 Gauge Mossberg looks like shite, but when I did it using all these different shapes it just looked awesome.

I read somewhere on a skinning tutorial that I should keep the model in one shape, so I have been doing it that way for a while now.

Thanks...

Ciao,
X-424

#34 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Scientist

• Members
  • 916 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 02:13 AM

Erm... Are you SURE you didn't steal those off Valve's comp? Jump1.gif

#35 SleeZe

SleeZe

Zombie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 11:32 PM

im craving for that usp *drool* it looks so amazing i can blow my brains out biggrin.gif
The fires in my heart are frozen by the winters of Niflheim.

-Mine

I know my brain is fried!

#36 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Scientist

• Members
  • 916 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 12:59 AM

Has anyone seen the Wall movie?

It shows the really nice mapping technique for HL2, as it turns a 20000 poly (!!!) stone wall into one polygon, and, although it will take a while to make the damage modelling, who cares? Short_Fuse can just use that technique and, since nobody should care about the damage modelling for his USP, and we can probably turn those 16k polys into around 1500. The G-Man is made from 5000 polygons. If normal mapping wasn't used, he would take up around 25000 polygons. At least.

#37 2d-chris

2d-chris

Zombie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 10:06 PM

that usp is to sexy for its own good wink.gif

#38 KrAyZiE

KrAyZiE

HeadCrab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 05:29 AM

ok, where do i start, that usp is incorrect in many ways, and it has about 15900 wasted polys, other then that your m16's are ok

#39 DvS

DvS

Freeman Himself

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (KrAyZiE @ Apr 14 2004, 05:29 AM)
ok, where do i start, that usp is incorrect in many ways, and it has about 15900 wasted polys, other then that your m16's are ok

Where do I start? Six month revive, possibly one of the longest ones ever revived.. show some tact!
user posted image
If you take all the world's religions and filter out the
controversies, one fact remains - God needs YOUR money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users