8 replies to this topic

#1 BLACK^WOLF

BLACK^WOLF

██▓▓▒▒░░

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:54 AM

so I'm going to be upgrading my processor, and it requires an upgraded motherboard and more ram, I will have 4gb ( originally wanted 3, but getting a 3rd stick of the ram cost just as much as getting the kit with 2x ram, with newegg's $40 off thing)

ram:
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820231098
proc:
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16819103194
mobo:
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16813128043

a few new SATA optical drives to replace my IDE ones (new mobos only have 1 IDE channel? wtf?). My new processor and motherboard will go nicely with my 7900gs (because my current processor is bottle-necking), until I upgrade to a dx10 card when dx10 is more widespread than it is now.

next upgrade will probably be a few LCD monitors, cause I'm getting sick of the CRT's I have, one is dying.

I bet that I have to call Microsoft about the changes in hardware...

#2 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 12:18 AM

hey me too. high five!
QUOTE(polyguns @ Dec 19 2005, 08:47 PM)
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

QUOTE(DJShamrock @ Jun 13 2006, 01:57 AM)
I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

QUOTE(magebomb @ Oct 18 2006, 06:30 PM)
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#3 BLACK^WOLF

BLACK^WOLF

██▓▓▒▒░░

• Senior Members
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 03:04 AM

yay, a nation wide high five

anyway, i think im going to go for a better motherboard, that one im not too crazy about

#4 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 09:45 AM

ive had great luck with generic motherboards. im 3/3 so far on them with the fourth in the mail. really, as long as it supports the features you need, most motherboards have the same suppliers for the main components.
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#5 Brent

Brent

Freeman's Owner

• ^GCN Admins
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 10:30 PM

Generic performance mohterboards? I think it comes down to noise minimization with higher-end boards. Just like high-end ram has heat-spreaders that block interference, motherboards are designed to keep different data paths seperated to minimize noise.
Ya, rly.

#6 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 02:05 AM

do you mean acoustic or signal interference?

#7 BLACK^WOLF

BLACK^WOLF

██▓▓▒▒░░

• Senior Members
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE(chuckybob @ Nov 24 2007, 02:45 AM)
ive had great luck with generic motherboards. im 3/3 so far on them with the fourth in the mail. really, as long as it supports the features you need, most motherboards have the same suppliers for the main components.

same with me, its just reading a bit into this one and its not looking like a good OC board, and with the processor i got, its designed to be overclocked

#8 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:59 PM

oh man, i dont even fuck around with overclocking

#9 BLACK^WOLF

BLACK^WOLF

██▓▓▒▒░░

• Senior Members
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 10:07 PM

I usually don't but was planning to get into it a bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users