22 replies to this topic

#16 Hobbes

Hobbes

• HL2C Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (nbnate @ Jan 24 2005, 11:31 PM)
Mercer I redid your sig a little cause i just really didnt like the way the buildings came out.
user posted image

and hobbes... no. other than that I just dont like making stuff other guys get a boner when they look at, having people in animated sigs generally is a bad idea cause they use a large range of color and make files huge and have shitty coloration cause gifs only support 256 colors.

Now you are correct, the color would look like complete crap.
"I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours." Hunter S. Thompson
"During that Persian Gulf War, I was sitting in my living room, naked, with a can of Budweiser and a three inch stake watching the war, live, on TV. I had a six foot erection with a giant cheese burger on the end of it. I ate so much meat during the war that by the time the war was over three weeks later, I was like, "No no no. We need to keep fighting. Make a couple of stops on our way home from the Persian Gulf. First stop! Vietnam! Surprise the fuck out of those people, huh?"" Denis Leary

#17 nimbus1951

nimbus1951

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (nbnate @ Jan 24 2005, 11:57 PM)
tada:
user posted image
This took me a REALLY long time to animate.

Shit! That looks awesome! How the fuck did you make that?
That dusty/coudy atmosphere that moves over the wheels is amazing...

Nice work indeed!
user posted image
nim·bus, n. pl. nim·bi (-B) or nim·bus·es
1) A cloudy radiance said to surround a classical deity when on earth.
2) A radiant light that appears usually in the form of a circle or halo about or over the head in the representation of a god, demigod, saint, or sacred person such as a king or an emperor.
3) A splendid atmosphere or aura, as of glamour, that surrounds a person or thing.
4) Also a Danish built motorcycle.

#18 SputNik

SputNik

Ant Lion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 08:23 PM

wow i really like your sig! great job, not only is it animated but looks really good too. most animated sigs have some lightning bolt or whatever that doesn't go well at all... thats why i try to stay away from animated sigs. but this is fanatastic.
user posted image
"You can't have manslaughter, without a little laughter!"

#19 nbnate

nbnate

Zombie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (nimbus1951 @ Jan 25 2005, 08:29 AM)
tada:
user posted image

Nice work indeed!

I made it by creating symetric gears, and appling a bevel to them then rotating them around in images ready. the dust is made with 2 layers of tilable clouds witha tween applied. you'll have to be more specific if you want a better explaination than that.

#20 Brent

Brent

Freeman's Owner

• ^GCN Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (nbnate @ Jan 26 2005, 06:33 PM)
QUOTE (nimbus1951 @ Jan 25 2005, 08:29 AM)
tada:
user posted image

Nice work indeed!

I made it by creating symetric gears, and appling a bevel to them then rotating them around in images ready. the dust is made with 2 layers of tilable clouds witha tween applied. you'll have to be more specific if you want a better explaination than that.

Im sorry to put you down but I must tell you that this all could have been done in about 2 minutes in flash, without the gears being a little jumpy too.
Ya, rly.

#21 nbnate

nbnate

Zombie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 02:21 AM

well the animation could have. i should probably learn flash cause image ready really has limited options on tweens, but you can't really use flash in as many places. Also if i did it in flash the lighting on the bevel wouldnt change and i couldnt do the cool dust effect... actually i dont know much about flash and this stuff might be possible.

#22 Brent

Brent

Freeman's Owner

• ^GCN Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE (nbnate @ Jan 26 2005, 10:21 PM)
well the animation could have. i should probably learn flash cause image ready really has limited options on tweens, but you can't really use flash in as many places. Also if i did it in flash the lighting on the bevel wouldnt change and i couldnt do the cool dust effect... actually i dont know much about flash and this stuff might be possible.

They both are and on top of that, you can export it as animated gif in there too.
Ya, rly.

#23 nbnate

nbnate

Zombie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 08:12 AM

Can't make sigs in flash but I admit I'm probably going to have to switch to flash if i wanna do any animating more complex than that. those gears are about as good as it gets with image ready, not just in terms of tweens but, the color limitations and the fact that the file size on that sig is almost a megabyte make it almost impossible to do any better. I actually already have flash but when i try using it I usually just get frustraited not knowing how to get certin effects, and not wanting to take the time to figure it out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users