19 replies to this topic

#1 Jon

Jon

Freeman Himself

• GTC Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:18 PM

Wow... it's been so long since I was here. I can't remember when I last came here but I had an unread PM from February 2006 so it was at least a year. Think it may have been 2 years. Wow.

So.... what have I been doing with myself, might you ask? Well, in August 2005 I went to film school in California (I'm from the UK). Film school was a real life-changer for me and I decided to not go to university in the end and pursue a career in the film industry. So, to cut a VERY long story short, I ended up setting up my own post production business out in the States with the hope of getting a visa out here. I'm still waiting for my application to be processed (it takes AGES) so hopefully it will all work out. If I don't get it, my life isn't ruined but it makes things a lot harder.

In the meantime, my good friend and roommate from film school directed an indie feature film that my company worked on. The film is SO crazy. It remains, to date, the only film I've ever cried whilst watching (I came CLOSE in United 93). You'd think the budget was 3 times higher than it actually was. I know it's going to do well for my friend, and hopefully for my company by association.

So I haven't had much free time lately what with all these goings on. Right now I'm in the UK so I'm far away from the action (that's good and bad) and have a lot more free time at present. I remembered the fun times we used to have and how I'd literally laugh out loud 3 or 4 times a day when browsing this forum. Funtimes.

I don't think I can be the regular poster / contributor I once was, but I will try to be around as much as I can.

#2 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:30 AM

Wow. Dang man! It has been awhile? Have you got any of the emails I sent you in the past year? You never replied and I was starting to worry.

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#3 Jon

Jon

Freeman Himself

• GTC Staff
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:45 AM

I changed my email address (same beginning, but ends in gmail.com now). Hotmail is the biggest piece of shit ever.

#4 Coyote

Coyote

The Boy From Oz

• GCN Staff
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:09 AM

Woah holy crap it was only a few weeks ago I though "what ever happend to jonchappell" good to hear everything is going alright for you.
user posted image

#5 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:48 PM

sup
QUOTE(polyguns @ Dec 19 2005, 08:47 PM)
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

QUOTE(DJShamrock @ Jun 13 2006, 01:57 AM)
I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

QUOTE(magebomb @ Oct 18 2006, 06:30 PM)
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#6 SewerCow

SewerCow

The gayest straight man ever

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 12:35 AM

Hey man, welcome...home.
user posted image
Muchas Gracias DJShamrock for the sig. :)

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven. -Deus Ex: The Conspiracy

I'm not killing anyone, I'm just enjoying my second amendment right. -The one and only, your's truly-

When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth. -Dawn of the Dead-

#7 Maxx

Maxx

Lord Kramer

• GCN Staff
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 12:56 PM

HOLY SHIT WTF JONCHAPPELL!!!!

Murdok and I were talking about you the other day!
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Mutamba Studios PUNCHES YOU IN THE FACE!!

#8 Dr. _B.

Dr. _B.

Freeman's Owner

• GCN Staff
  • 6,741 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:38 PM

Hi, Jon. I'm DJShamrock's dad.
user posted image

- What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?
- Life is like a sofa -- change comes from within.
- God loves you. He's just an abusive lover.
- Sometimes whatever doesn't kill you...can really piss you off for a heluva long time!
- Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

#9 Jon

Jon

Freeman Himself

• GTC Staff
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:44 PM

Thanks guys. And you're right, SewerCow, this does feel like home. It's great to be back.

Hi Dr_B, it's nice to meet you.

#10 TyRaNnY

TyRaNnY

• Senior Members
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 06:58 AM

lol I was just thinking about how i haven't been here in like...2 years so i figured I'd drop by and say what's up. How's everyone been doing these days?
"You really get to know a man if you have to watch him die. The moment right before he realizes it's over...that moment that his face reflects every decision he's ever made. In that split second you know what kind of life he lived.....and if he regrets it."

-Sgt. Matt Baker.

user posted image

#11 Brent

Brent

Freeman's Owner

• ^GCN Admins
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:07 AM

Sup. Alright, just waiting around for a new site based on the coffee room wink.gif
Ya, rly.

#12 Coyote

Coyote

The Boy From Oz

• GCN Staff
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:47 AM

Hey TyRaNnY see you in another year.
user posted image

#13 TyRaNnY

TyRaNnY

• Senior Members
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:55 AM

lol yeah i know. I'm gonna try and keep that from happening this time. I'm gonna set it to my homepage so that way I have no excuse not to stop by and at least catch up with everyone once in a while.
"You really get to know a man if you have to watch him die. The moment right before he realizes it's over...that moment that his face reflects every decision he's ever made. In that split second you know what kind of life he lived.....and if he regrets it."

-Sgt. Matt Baker.

user posted image

#14 BLACK^WOLF

BLACK^WOLF

██▓▓▒▒░░

• Senior Members
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE(TyRaNnY @ Oct 17 2007, 11:58 PM)
lol I was just thinking about how i haven't been here in like...2 years so i figured I'd drop by and say what's up.  How's everyone been doing these days?

its like we are slowly rebuilding our userbase

#15 Brent

Brent

Freeman's Owner

• ^GCN Admins
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 09:30 PM

Its this time of year, people are bored at school.
Ya, rly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users