13 replies to this topic

#1 Jon

Jon

Freeman Himself

• GTC Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:51 AM

Sony is the first company to bring a 3mm thick organic LED (OLED) display to the market. The displays are brighter and more energy efficient than LCD screens because they do not need a backlight to light them. They're still on the pricey side though, at approx. $1700 for a 11" model. It's good to know that the LCD TV you just bought is out of date though wink.gif

I'm hoping it will solve the problem I have with my current LCD computer monitor. Because I use the same software every day, the window borders are burnt into the screen and I don't really know how to avoid that without constantly resizing the window while I'm working.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ogy/7022639.stm

#2 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 11:00 AM

heres hoping the prices come down soon
QUOTE(polyguns @ Dec 19 2005, 08:47 PM)
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

QUOTE(DJShamrock @ Jun 13 2006, 01:57 AM)
I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

QUOTE(magebomb @ Oct 18 2006, 06:30 PM)
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#3 magnetmannen

magnetmannen

• [Colossus]> Colossus Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 11:19 AM

and im still enjoying my old crt from nokia.
user posted image
"He who trades liberty for security deserves neither and will lose both."
- Thomas Jefferson

#4 Brent

Brent

Freeman's Owner

• ^GCN Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 11:52 AM

Yeh im still on an x-ray tube too. smile.gif
Ya, rly.

#5 Coyote

Coyote

The Boy From Oz

• GCN Staff
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 12:15 PM

God damn it I was just thinking of buying an LCD TV.... How am I supposed to be satisfied with my purchase now?
user posted image

#6 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:32 PM

because OLED wont be affordable in the forseeable future?
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#7 Brent

Brent

Freeman's Owner

• ^GCN Admins
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 06:09 PM

15 years tops.
Ya, rly.

#8 Jon

Jon

Freeman Himself

• GTC Staff
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 06:30 PM

Sony is the first to market with a TV but OLED computer monitors have been out for a while. I remember looking at them once. They're used professionally for color grading and so forth, when it's essential that you have perfect color reproduction. They're about $8k for a 20".

I don't think it will take 15 years for the price to go down. I'd say 5.

#9 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:26 PM

i cant wait till i can pick one up for $50 at wal-mart

#10 BLACK^WOLF

BLACK^WOLF

██▓▓▒▒░░

• Senior Members
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:08 AM

QUOTE(chuckybob @ Oct 2 2007, 03:26 PM)
i cant wait till i can pick one up for $50 at wal-mart

ok, that I would assume would be 15 years

#11 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 01:14 PM

sad.gif

#12 Jon

Jon

Freeman Himself

• GTC Staff
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 01:45 PM

Yeah, but if it costs $50 at Walmart that probably means that something much better is out at the time.

#13 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:47 PM

i dont care as long as i can mount a monitor to the side of my case without too much extra bulk

#14 Maxx

Maxx

Lord Kramer

• GCN Staff
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:20 PM

24" Samsung 245BW 3000:1 monitor
42" Panasonic Veira 10,000:1 plasma TV

I'll survive waiting for a more reasonable price for the OLED TVs smile.gif
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Mutamba Studios PUNCHES YOU IN THE FACE!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users