5 replies to this topic

#1 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:20 AM

I have been filling out paperwork and online forms for a week. At the end of the online questionaire thing they gave me 3000 characters to sum up what has happened to me.
I tried to make it as entertaining as possible. All true BTW

I have been living with severe back pain for the past 2 years. A doctor in the Bristol ER told me my back hurts because I weigh too much. He gave me a steroid pack and sent me on my way.

I couldn't exercise because of my back injury; so I dieted. My weight was 260 lbs. and 6'2". On April 24 2005 I started Atkins. By October 2005 I weighed 198 lbs. and was still in agony.

My primary care physician said I need to see an orthopedic doctor and referred me to one. He said I need an MRI. Asked "Are you claustrophobic?" I said "No."

Well they put me in that machine and forgot to take the child booster off of it before I got on it. They put me in the MRI machine and said "Squeeze that rubber ball if anythings wrong."

My nose and chest were pushed up against the top of the MRI! I couldn't move anything. I squoze the ball and said "I am claustrophobic!" Totally freaked me out. I found out I am claustrophobic. They gave me an MRI 6 hours later in a machine with the sides open. That was better not being buried alive at least.

My Dr.Ortho got the MRI and said "YOU have spinal stenosis. See that there on the MRI, and blah blah blah." I thought was supposed to lose weight to feel better. Dr says. "Nope. You need an epidural, I'm going to send you to this nice little Chinese guy, you'll love him." I went and got a Snickers.

I will do anything to get rid of this pain at this point. ANYTHING. Now I have to face my biggest fear, needles. Wait, MRI's are now my biggest fear.

So I meet my doctor. Doctor said he will take care of me, but I have to have this procedure every 2 weeks. "OK I will do anything. Needles can't hurt worse than my back.

So Dr. shoots 1 needle full of Lidocaine into my lower back 20 times in random places, then shot into each of my sciatic nerves, and then, gave me an epidural.

I have to do this EVERY 2 WEEKS FOR 10 MONTHS! Sweet!

Well I did it and I never missed an appointment. Every time I come back I am telling him it still hurts. His excuse every week was "It's too hot outside" or "It's too cold outside." I know he's BS'ing me but my fortune cookie said "Never argue with Chinese man with needles."

SO my 10 months is up and I can't go back till April 7, 2008. 10 month on 10 months off.

I go to my Primary Care Physician and she tries to get me into another Dr. because Chinese doctor won't take me back.(no pun intended)

So I go to this new Dr. in Bristol where I live. I go to his office, spend 2 hours filling out paperwork in the waiting room. I finally get called into his office and he tells me "I am moving so I can't help you. I don't want to start on someone if I can't finish on someone." The refer me to a different Dr.

That'll be $600.

After calling them back and using logic + math I got a 100% refund.

My new doctor just gave me some shots. It only took 6. Not 26. He said that Chinese Dr. gets paid for every needle that goes in your back. Oh and he's retiring.

Still in pain,
Mark

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#2 Maxx

Maxx

Lord Kramer

• GCN Staff
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:24 AM

Very poetic. Brought a tear to my eye.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Mutamba Studios PUNCHES YOU IN THE FACE!!

#3 Jon

Jon

Freeman Himself

• GTC Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:29 AM

Damn, Shammy. You are getting royally screwed. If you're on Disability, does this mean that you are not allowed to work at all, or is it supposed to assist with paying medical bills in addition to work?

#4 BLACK^WOLF

BLACK^WOLF

██▓▓▒▒░░

• Senior Members
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:40 AM

some how I don't think they will see the entertainment in it though

#5 SewerCow

SewerCow

The gayest straight man ever

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 10:55 PM

Hopefully a really sympathetic woman will read this and grant disability.
user posted image
Muchas Gracias DJShamrock for the sig. :)

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven. -Deus Ex: The Conspiracy

I'm not killing anyone, I'm just enjoying my second amendment right. -The one and only, your's truly-

When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth. -Dawn of the Dead-

#6 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE(Jon @ Dec 12 2007, 05:29 AM)
Damn, Shammy. You are getting royally screwed. If you're on Disability, does this mean that you are not allowed to work at all, or is it supposed to assist with paying medical bills in addition to work?

Well I can't work around here "legally" anyways. There are no jobs in this town. I am going to have surgery in about a month anyways. They have to "burn my nerves off." Yeah, it sounds pretty bad. I am afraid to wiki it.

I haven't even touched my PC in about a week till today because I have been laid up in bed. My back pain is so painful. I don't care if they have to burn off half my body just stop with the bills and pain.

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users