GCN CMS

Gunship

• ^GCN Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 08:07 PM

News: DJ Shamrock: The Mick's Master
Hip-Hop Mixtape Free Download

"Well after a year of production my album is finished. I am not going to brag on it but I am pretty proud. I have been producing hip-hop for about 20 years now and this is the finest mixtape I have eve"...download / view the rest of the content.
Click the above link if you wish to view the most up-to-date and complete article or file, this topic was automatically made as a portal for discussion of the content.

#2 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 08:11 PM

NOW WITH DIRECT DOWNLOAD WITH EVERYTHING TAGGED, 2 WALLPAPERS AND COVER INCLUDED[

Link to the torrent

[b]
The Mick's Master

Anyways I have a couple of wallpapers for your desktops to promote the album.

1680 x 1050 Widescreen Wallpaper

1600 x 1200 Normal Wallpaper

Oh and just to show how hard it is to do this look how many tracks are in the intro!
It took 32 tracks just to make the beat, then flatten that into one track. Then add more tracks on top of that for a 22 second intro. Total, just the intro took about 80 tracks. It track master separately in Soundforge for compression, reverb, eq, effects and the shiz. That's why these albums take forever. Even in the intro I have a sample of my cat Stinky (who I had to put down last year) meowing. Only for meows. There's alot of work in this album.

I used Acid Pro 6 and Soundforge 7 to do most of it, with my turntables also, Vestax mixer, Fruity Loops, some Wave Hammer and DX plugs.

Click here for screencap of tracks just in the intro

Edited by DJShamrock, 27 August 2007 - 01:09 AM.

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#3 Coyote

Coyote

The Boy From Oz

• GCN Staff
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 01:55 AM

I just finished DL it about 10 min ago and have listened to The points of authority remix and the intro. Really professional work from what Ive heard. I love it. I'll give an updated impression once I've heard everything.

Edited by Coyote, 18 May 2007 - 01:56 AM.

user posted image

#4 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE(Coyote @ May 17 2007, 09:55 PM)
I just finished DL it about 10 min ago and have listened to The points of authority remix and the intro. Really professional work from what Ive heard. I love it. I'll give an updated impression once I've heard everything.

My favorite one is the simplest one. The Biz Markie to Nas song. I was listening to that old Biz song on my way home from Charlotte NC. For some reason, I remember hearing biz say "I'm highly recogised" But it sounded like Nas. So I took one of my favorite songs, Nas, ain't hard to tell from the classic Illmatic. And did that jam.

Basically, I have thousands of accapellas I have collected. On most rap album LP's there is the song and a censored version on one side, and an instrumental (beats with no lyrics) and an accapella (lyrics with no music). I have dug in the crates and converted my favorites from LP to .wav.

I love making mixtapes. I consider myself creative, with art and music. I call out what's hot years in advance. I have a sixth sence about hip-hop. I know more about hip-hop than anyone I know.

But...
The past 7 years hip-hop has sucked bad. Too commercial, they don't sample, all keyboard beats and generic crap. Rap is not as great as it was because back in the day we used everything we could to rock. Even if it was just a bob james beat, a james brown sample, or a billy squire big beat. The best thing about it was the possibilities. I blame Puff Daddy.

Biggy was amazing. Whatever Biggy did was an instant classic. When he died hip-hop died. Puffy sampled whole songs, then the other rappers followed. They weren't taking snips and remixing them, they stole whole songs. The younger generation wasn't familiar with the songs of the 70's and 80's. They thought that the songs were written by produced by the rap groups.

I can name a ton of these covers, I don't have time. But what I am saying is I have been producing for 20 years. My Dad knows. He has witnessed me and my rap group putting on shows in huge nightclubs in NY. Like 3000 people huge. But since I moved south I am away from all my boys. We talk every week and they are doing amazing hip hop also. But I think, this album I wanted it to be the way it should be. Real.

I used old songs, new songs, a variety. But the difference between a rap album and a classic is this. If you bob your head to every song on the album it's going to be a classic. If only 1 or 2 songs on an album are good, you are Vanilla.

I have had about 15 people this week ask me to make an R&B radio friendly mickstape. I refuse. Even my wife asked me. I could do one in 2 days and it would be the best one out there, but see I am not doing this for other people anymore. I don't work for anyone. I am doing this for me. If other people like it too then great. If not, I don't mind. I know I did the best album released in 2007. Wether anyone hears it or not, well that is what makes underground awesome. The sleeper albums. When you discover them they feel like they are your little secret. When they go mainstream they lose their fans. I probably could have gone all commercial and sold out my soul. I chose to go with graphic design for a living. I don't mind selling out there, it's my job. But my music is personal.

Kind of like this website. I like the small community sometimes. Same with music. I don't like the bog ass commmercial shit, I like the underground nobody has heard of. Kind of like us.

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#5 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE(Coyote @ May 17 2007, 09:55 PM)

Sorry to double post but look how many tracks a 22 second intro takes, plus mastering each track.

http://premium1.uplo...acid-tracks.jpg

The intro took a month of trial and error. You just don't pic samples at random, you have to try them out. It's like fishing. Patience is the key.

#6 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:19 AM

Mods, I am pinning this in the coffeeroom for alittle bit. kthxbye biggrin.gif

#7 BLACK^WOLF

BLACK^WOLF

██▓▓▒▒░░

• Senior Members
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 05:42 PM

but you are the administrator o.O
I haven't had time to download and listen to them yet, but I should be able too here shortly, I'm not that big into hip hop or rap, but I always wondered what people who were thought of Fort Minor.

#8 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:01 AM

I am putting my older stuff on the torrents if you want it again. All tagged tracks at 320 kbs. (That means it's good)

user posted image
album cover

Link to torrent
http://www.torrentsp...ickstape_320kbs

user posted image
album cover

Link to torrent
http://www.torrentsp...Volume_4_320kbs

#9 Dr. _B.

Dr. _B.

Freeman's Owner

• GCN Staff
  • 6,741 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:45 AM

Kewl -- For some reason I didn't have that last album cover before(vol 4), but I do now.
user posted image

- What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?
- Life is like a sofa -- change comes from within.
- God loves you. He's just an abusive lover.
- Sometimes whatever doesn't kill you...can really piss you off for a heluva long time!
- Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

#10 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 12:25 AM

im in yur threads downloadin ur albums. is the mickstape vol. 4 the one you did before shamrock vs. primo? i have some old album of yours and i cant for the fucking life of me figure out what its called.

-e- also the torrent wont seed and i cant download part 2 cause rapidshare is whores.

Edited by chuckybob, 28 May 2007 - 12:36 AM.

QUOTE(polyguns @ Dec 19 2005, 08:47 PM)
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

QUOTE(DJShamrock @ Jun 13 2006, 01:57 AM)
I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

QUOTE(magebomb @ Oct 18 2006, 06:30 PM)
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#11 Coyote

Coyote

The Boy From Oz

• GCN Staff
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE(chuckybob @ May 28 2007, 11:25 AM)
im in yur threads downloadin ur albums. is the mickstape vol. 4 the one you did before shamrock vs. primo? i have some old album of yours and i cant for the fucking life of me figure out what its called.

-e- also the torrent wont seed and i cant download part 2 cause rapidshare is whores.

You cant download one straight after the other. You will be able to download it now.
user posted image

#12 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:54 AM

http://www.torrentsp...ter_2007_320kbs

Man this asshole flamed me about my album. Hurt my wittle feewings. sad.gif

Oh and the reason I have DJ Shamrock samples in the songs for an FYI was because I was sick of people copying my music and passing it off as theirs. Itw as either that or yelling on the mic all corny like them other DJ's.

"DJ SPERM BANK REPRESENT!!!" HOLLA"

#13 SewerCow

SewerCow

The gayest straight man ever

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:04 PM

Ahahah I read his response, what a faggot.
user posted image
Muchas Gracias DJShamrock for the sig. :)

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven. -Deus Ex: The Conspiracy

I'm not killing anyone, I'm just enjoying my second amendment right. -The one and only, your's truly-

When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth. -Dawn of the Dead-

#14 Brent

Brent

Freeman's Owner

• ^GCN Admins
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 02:57 AM

If you haven't downloaded the album yet, you don't know what you are missing. The Mick Master is the fire. I'm getting it on our server now so everyone can download it blazingly fast.

One question: Is remicks the least modified, micks more heavily modified, and megamix a pretty much new song?

Favorite tracks...

... damn they are all sick.

Ok, then if i had to pick 7 which is difficult and the intro going without saying....

Edited by Brent, 05 June 2007 - 04:50 AM.

Ya, rly.

#15 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:11 PM

user posted image

This is my bro Sal Chisari aka DJ Tes !. I used to do work with him at Ruffbeat from 1992-1998 (my first studio). He's the man in upstate NY when it comes to hip-hop production. He just sent me this pic of his new studio.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users