Photo

Time spent making Half-Life 2...

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think VALVe put out enough HL2 for how much time they spent on it?

Do you think VALVe put out enough HL2 for how much time they spent on it?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Maxx

Maxx

Lord Kramer

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 07:14 PM

i thought you were official.

all they said was that there would be an expansion based on the chronicals of one of the main characters, they never said who.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Mutamba Studios PUNCHES YOU IN THE FACE!!

#17 Hobbes

Hobbes

• HL2C Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (Maxx @ Mar 13 2005, 02:14 PM)

all they said was that there would be an expansion based on the chronicals of one of the main characters, they never said who.

Ehh, they have certainly admitted it.
Of course we're interested in telling more about the universe we have created and therefore we will continue making sequels to the game. At the moment we're working on a game where you play as Alyx and her well-known robot dog - Dog... I can't tell more at the moment."
"I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours." Hunter S. Thompson
"During that Persian Gulf War, I was sitting in my living room, naked, with a can of Budweiser and a three inch stake watching the war, live, on TV. I had a six foot erection with a giant cheese burger on the end of it. I ate so much meat during the war that by the time the war was over three weeks later, I was like, "No no no. We need to keep fighting. Make a couple of stops on our way home from the Persian Gulf. First stop! Vietnam! Surprise the fuck out of those people, huh?"" Denis Leary

#18 nimbus1951

nimbus1951

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (Hobbes @ Mar 13 2005, 07:32 PM)
QUOTE (Maxx @ Mar 13 2005, 02:14 PM)

all they said was that there would be an expansion  based on the chronicals of one of the main characters, they never said who.

Ehh, they have certainly admitted it.
Of course we're interested in telling more about the universe we have created and therefore we will continue making sequels to the game. At the moment we're working on a game where you play as Alyx and her well-known robot dog - Dog... I can't tell more at the moment."

HAH!!! PWND ya maxx! I am teh 1337 tongue.gif
user posted image
nim·bus, n. pl. nim·bi (-B) or nim·bus·es
1) A cloudy radiance said to surround a classical deity when on earth.
2) A radiant light that appears usually in the form of a circle or halo about or over the head in the representation of a god, demigod, saint, or sacred person such as a king or an emperor.
3) A splendid atmosphere or aura, as of glamour, that surrounds a person or thing.
4) Also a Danish built motorcycle.

#19 SewerCow

SewerCow

The gayest straight man ever

• Senior Members
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (BLACK^WOLF @ Mar 10 2005, 11:29 PM)
but they would have had a heavy machine gun, molitov coctails, the slam, an AK47, an extra smg, a flare gun, stunstick and icepick

edit: and the tau cannon

I agree with you there, that is one of the main points in an FPS to me is a bunch of weapons, I mean this has a great assortment don't get me wrong, but Just like wolf said, an ak47, im suprised not even an m-16, that gun is everywhere. But it was based far in the future it seems so some guns might have been ruled out. I would like to see a m249 SAW. But one of the best guns is by far the gravity gun, I love that thing.

Edited by SewerCow, 14 March 2005 - 12:16 AM.

user posted image
Muchas Gracias DJShamrock for the sig. :)

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven. -Deus Ex: The Conspiracy

I'm not killing anyone, I'm just enjoying my second amendment right. -The one and only, your's truly-

When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth. -Dawn of the Dead-

#20 half_dead

half_dead

Manhack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 12:56 AM

yes i agree. FPS games need alot of weapons, hell the only real reasion i downloaded substance was for the weapons (whic for some reasion the flash comes out of Gordons knee cap.....)

did anyone watch that video on file planet of all the guns cut? like father Gagoris shotgun (it was a lever action 2 shot magnum) and the sticky mine launcer and all that crazy stuff? man i wish they would have kept that in
im a marine! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo

#21 BLACK^WOLF

BLACK^WOLF

██▓▓▒▒░░

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 12:57 AM

the uniqueness factor is through the roof smile.gif

fileplannet? OMG! its not suposed to be there....
but its here:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/9485/
Filesize: 23.3MB

just counted, there were 29 in the movie, that wasnt all of them though, there was a laser trip mine thing, and 'snarks' which were actually headcrabs, instead, crossbow, and antlion grenades

Edited by BLACK^WOLF, 14 March 2005 - 03:04 AM.

#22 Iced_Eagle

Iced_Eagle

Manhack

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 05:54 AM

Bah they have a database error which is preventing me from downloading sad.gif
user posted image

#23 nimbus1951

nimbus1951

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 10:08 AM

Wow that's a funny video. There are some of the weapons I didn't know about.
Is it possible in anyway to enable them in the full version?
user posted image
2) A radiant light that appears usually in the form of a circle or halo about or over the head in the representation of a god, demigod, saint, or sacred person such as a king or an emperor.
3) A splendid atmosphere or aura, as of glamour, that surrounds a person or thing.

#24 half_dead

half_dead

Manhack

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 04:56 PM

Wow that's a funny video. There are some of the weapons I didn't know about.
Is it possible in anyway to enable them in the full version?

er kinda..... i know you can get father Gagoris shotgun, but it looks just like the normal shotgun, only it fires 2 magnum rounds instead of 6 buckshot. and you can get the alyx gun too, you dont see the model but it gives you a 3 shot burst. other things like the slam work when they want to......

i think to get the shotgun its give weapon_anabell or however you spell his 1st name
and the other is like give weapon_alyxgun, but dont quote me on those, when i get a chance ill post the list.

also one thing i gotta hand to valve is the amount of little details put into the game, did anyone notice when you park the buggy and go indoors seaguls crap all over it?
im a marine! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo

#25 nimbus1951

nimbus1951

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (half_dead @ Mar 14 2005, 04:56 PM)
did anyone notice when you park the buggy and go indoors seaguls crap all over it?

LOL please tell me you have a screenshot of that laugh.gif
user posted image

#26 SewerCow

SewerCow

• Senior Members
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 01:42 AM

Has anyone heard of a mod that has no weapons except explosives in it. I guess I should say no guns, it has like dynamite, c4, grenades, a bunch of other explosives. The reason it was made is because the person hated it when people dl mods just for new guns. It's for Half life 1 though im pretty sure. It looked pretty sweet, I couldn't dl it though I had 56k and it took ages to dl. I think the mod is called destruction or something with a d in it.
user posted image

I'm not killing anyone, I'm just enjoying my second amendment right. -The one and only, your's truly-

When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth. -Dawn of the Dead-

#27 liepen john

liepen john

teh playboy

• Senior Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 10:57 AM

dude, the best mod for hl1 is snow war mod wink.gif Cause it's so darn funny tongue.gif
my CPU: AMD64 4000+ ; nvideo 7900 GTI 2sli ; 19" TFT; 200 GIG HD ; 1.5 gig corsair RAM; O/S win XP PRO

LanoXide !!

#28 SewerCow

SewerCow

• Senior Members
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 11:52 AM

Is snow war a single player mod? Cause that's about all I play are single player mods.
user posted image

#29 Tyler91

Tyler91

Zombie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:16 PM

about the sequel you don't actually play as alex thats a lie but the game focuses alot more on alyx After the destruction of the citadel

Edit: oh yeah u play as gordon

Edited by Tyler91, 25 May 2005 - 08:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users