#1 Jon

Jon

Freeman Himself

• GTC Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 11:47 AM

http://www.hl2world....article251.html

Valve has inadvertently included what looks like a close-captioning file for HL2 with "another Valve game" that they shipped to Cyber Cafes. The file contains the entire storyline to HL2.
They didn't reveal the game, but as far as I'm aware, CS:S is the only game that Valve is currently issuing to Cyber Cafes.

It's currently unconfirmed whether the spoiler mentioned in the "I hate Barney Calhoun" thread is genuine or not.

Edit: Gamespot have a more detailed article:
http://www.gamespot....ws_6104954.html

It was CS:S (I don't know why HL2World avoided saying that), and apparently it only exists in the version given to Cyber Cafes.

#2 King Kong

King Kong

Gunship

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 01:12 PM

Yeah, the beta cs:s given to the voucher people has the readme file that reveals the entire storyline to the new book "How to Ruin A Business: For Dummies"
user posted image

#3 Darkside

Darkside

omg hl2 = teh delayed

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 01:12 PM

Oh my god. How can they mess up so much?

#4 Hobbes

Hobbes

• HL2C Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 01:31 PM

Yea. I heard about this yesterday... but I didn't believe. Now that more reports are coming in, why would valve be so stupid to send there own creation accidentaly. I think its bull. Valve couldn't be that much of dumbasses.

Anyway, if this suspends HL2 anymore time(I believe the reason they didn't start preloading to Cyber Cafes of the HL2 Game today) I will be seriously pissed off.
"I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours." Hunter S. Thompson
"During that Persian Gulf War, I was sitting in my living room, naked, with a can of Budweiser and a three inch stake watching the war, live, on TV. I had a six foot erection with a giant cheese burger on the end of it. I ate so much meat during the war that by the time the war was over three weeks later, I was like, "No no no. We need to keep fighting. Make a couple of stops on our way home from the Persian Gulf. First stop! Vietnam! Surprise the fuck out of those people, huh?"" Denis Leary

#5 Maxx

Maxx

Lord Kramer

• GCN Staff
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (King Kong @ Aug 17 2004, 08:12 AM)
Yeah, the beta cs:s given to the voucher people has the readme file that reveals the entire storyline to the new book "How to Ruin A Business: For Dummies"

oh snap!
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Mutamba Studios PUNCHES YOU IN THE FACE!!

#6 Jon

Jon

Freeman Himself

• GTC Staff
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (Hobbes @ Aug 17 2004, 01:31 PM)
Yea. I heard about this yesterday... but I didn't believe. Now that more reports are coming in, why would valve be so stupid to send there own creation accidentaly. I think its bull. Valve couldn't be that much of dumbasses.

Anyway, if this suspends HL2 anymore time(I believe the reason they didn't start preloading to Cyber Cafes of the HL2 Game today) I will be seriously pissed off.

Well, it's not like it was in the readme.txt or anything (as explained in the Gamespot link). What I'm concerned about is why the guy was looking through the files in the first place.

It wouldn't delay HL2 further. To change the story would be to rewrite the entire game, and not even Valve's stupid enough to do that.

#7 Darkside

Darkside

omg hl2 = teh delayed

• GCN Staff
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (JonChappell @ Aug 17 2004, 10:53 AM)
What I'm concerned about is why the guy was looking through the files in the first place.

That's why bugs me too. Why can't these morons just wait a few months for the actual game?

#8 Jon

Jon

Freeman Himself

• GTC Staff
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (Darkside @ Aug 17 2004, 03:14 PM)
QUOTE (JonChappell @ Aug 17 2004, 10:53 AM)
What I'm concerned about is why the guy was looking through the files in the first place.

That's why bugs me too. Why can't these morons just wait a few months for the actual game?

I was thinking more of the fact that he could have been seeing how it worked so that he could hack it and get a head-start, ready for the final release mad.gif

#9 Maxx

Maxx

Lord Kramer

• GCN Staff
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 04:24 PM

now THAT would piss me off.

i would look through the files, but only to check out the models and other art work and see how its all put together, as a curious modder.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Mutamba Studios PUNCHES YOU IN THE FACE!!

#10 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Almost at 1000

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 09:45 PM

I think its bull.

yeah, me too

#11 Hired-Gun

Hired-Gun

Citadel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (Sephiroth @ Aug 17 2004, 09:45 PM)
I think its bull.

yeah, me too

No its not,i have read it and it was a very good story IMO

#12 Hobbes

Hobbes

• HL2C Staff
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 02:45 AM

I would really not want to read it, cause it will just spoil everything I have been waiting for. I want it all to be great to come as a rush about how great it is.
"I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours." Hunter S. Thompson
"During that Persian Gulf War, I was sitting in my living room, naked, with a can of Budweiser and a three inch stake watching the war, live, on TV. I had a six foot erection with a giant cheese burger on the end of it. I ate so much meat during the war that by the time the war was over three weeks later, I was like, "No no no. We need to keep fighting. Make a couple of stops on our way home from the Persian Gulf. First stop! Vietnam! Surprise the fuck out of those people, huh?"" Denis Leary

#13 Hobbes

Hobbes

• HL2C Staff
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 03:21 AM

SORRY, for the second post. But JUST as a heads up. There is some idiot on hl2fallout.com posting parts of the leaked script. PLEASE DO NOT GO ON IT! It might already be deleted but just incase you see something about HL2 storyline on hl2fallout .com ... DO NOT OPEN IT!!!! It contains spoilers tha t will only confuse you because they are unknown to be real. The poster has a fake email, aim, and website address so noone knows that this is. JUST DON'T READ IT. I DON'T CARE EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE INFORMED NOT TO READ IT!!!!!!!!!

#14 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• [On thin ice] Stupid Prisoner People
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 03:23 AM

prolly just a basic overiew

user posted image

#15 Hobbes

Hobbes

• HL2C Staff
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 03:25 AM

no, it really is kind of bad... seriously PLEASE don't look at it. It will only get you moe confused....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users