#1 Brent

Brent

Freeman's Owner

• ^GCN Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 08:46 PM

http://hl2central.net/?tid=3&News

I'm planning on moving this design across the entire HL2C site until it all matches. You can notice that the new layouts are on the other pages too, just in different colors.
Ya, rly.

#2 Brent

Brent

Freeman's Owner

• ^GCN Admins
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:05 PM

Sweet...
http://hl2central.net/?tid=10&Resource

Faster image loading coming soon.
Ya, rly.

#3 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:31 PM

Aw hell yes

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#4 BLACK^WOLF

BLACK^WOLF

██▓▓▒▒░░

• Senior Members
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 01:14 AM

I love the design, although one problem that I always had was if I just wanted to check the news, I don't want to "read more" I want to read it all on one page, without clicking to a second page, maybe if you clicked it and it expanded the one story, sort of how digg's comments now work, it doesnt reload or refresh the page, it just does it, although its not really that big of a deal.

Edited by BLACK^WOLF, 09 October 2007 - 01:15 AM.

#5 Brent

Brent

Freeman's Owner

• ^GCN Admins
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:50 AM

I was avoiding full articles because of three reasons...

1. Long Articles
2. Formatting, the articles are built for the article pages.
3. Ad revenue, the more pages you view the more money goes towards servers. If you hit up the homepage and leave that blows.

#3 could change if it was evident that you would visit more if full articles were shown.

#2 I can fix if we really decide on it.

#1 would cut you off at about 2500 words instead of 500 or even 200 like it is on the homepage now, which is reasonable for length issues.
Ya, rly.

#6 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 05:13 AM

looks sexy, but i just got

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/gcnet/public_html/zinc/showtype.php on line 263

times like 15 at the top of the page
QUOTE(polyguns @ Dec 19 2005, 08:47 PM)
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

QUOTE(DJShamrock @ Jun 13 2006, 01:57 AM)
I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

QUOTE(magebomb @ Oct 18 2006, 06:30 PM)
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#7 Brent

Brent

Freeman's Owner

• ^GCN Admins
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:42 AM

Yeah that may happen occasionally as I'm working on the site right now.
Ya, rly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users