• This topic is locked This topic is locked
326 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Soup

Mr. Soup

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 07:29 PM

There has been alot of movie duscussion flying about the forums lately and I thought giving a thread a try would be cool.

By creating this thread i should be able to narrow down the movie threads that get started in the main stream.

Give us your opinions on good or bad movies to see or not see and reviews on movies you've seen. New or old movies, doesn't really matter.

Try not to get too cluttered.

Here's mine:
Cronicles of Riddick
Me and my friend saw it....Kickus Assimus. My friend is NOT a big fan of Vin Diesl but he loved the movie. Amazing effects with a really cool plot and atmosphere. If they had named it something like Pitch Black 2 people would have suspected something complety different, thus the name. I meen this movie has a knife being broken of in someones head, shiv madness.
"EVERYBODY steals from murdock!" -Murdock
user posted image
" I want to have your babies... " - Elpoopio

#2 Darkside

Darkside

omg hl2 = teh delayed

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 08:16 PM

Dodgeball: No explanation needed

Spiderman 2: Great, better than the first, /me loves
King Arthur: On July 7th I'll be telling you how awesome it is
Bourne Supremacy:On July 23rd I'll be telling you how awesome it is

#3 AL9000

AL9000

Citadel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 08:17 PM

I saw Dodgeball yesterday. That is quite possibly one of the worst "comedies" I have ever seen. I can count the number of times I laughed out loud on one hand. Vince Vaughn's character had almost no personality to speak of, and all the other characters were cliched to hell and back (with the exception of Ben Stiller's character, which was done on purpose). Very predictable, and lame jokes aplenty.
user posted image

#4 Mr. Soup

Mr. Soup

• Senior Members
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 09:48 PM

Al, you are my new friend
"EVERYBODY steals from murdock!" -Murdock
user posted image
" I want to have your babies... " - Elpoopio

#5 Darkside

Darkside

omg hl2 = teh delayed

• GCN Staff
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 11:50 PM

You are the anti-Christ.

#6 Maxx

Maxx

Lord Kramer

• GCN Staff
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (AL9000 @ Jul 4 2004, 03:17 PM)
I saw Dodgeball yesterday. That is quite possibly one of the worst "comedies" I have ever seen. I can count the number of times I laughed out loud on one hand. Vince Vaughn's character had almost no personality to speak of, and all the other characters were cliched to hell and back (with the exception of Ben Stiller's character, which was done on purpose). Very predictable, and lame jokes aplenty.

you should be pissed on, then shot. then pissed on again. you sick, ungrateful god hated mother fskcer. now get out of my house and get off my forums.

i take complete racial, sexist, religious, spiritual, and cultural offense to this comment.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Mutamba Studios PUNCHES YOU IN THE FACE!!

#7 AL9000

AL9000

Citadel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 12:00 AM

I'm sorry, I just didn't find it that funny. I'm tired of these lame-ass comedies with tired jokes about dogs biting guys in the nuts and fat people falling down. The only time I laughed really hard was when Rip Torn started throwing wrenches at people. "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!" Maybe it was just because I was on painkillers b/c of my wisdom teeth having been removed, but I almost fell asleep at some parts. Steve the pirate was also somewhat amusing, but there was never an explanation as to why he was....a pirate.
user posted image

#8 Murdok

Murdok

• Senior Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 12:01 AM

That's the beauty in Steve the Pirate.

He has no reason to be a pirate. He just wanted to, he knew he had to be a pirate.

#9 Darkside

Darkside

omg hl2 = teh delayed

• GCN Staff
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 12:02 AM

DO NOT QUESTION THE ALMIGHTY GOD THAT IS DODGEBALL!

Don't forgot about TEAM BLITZKRIEG! EYAHBLITZKRIEG!

#10 Maxx

Maxx

Lord Kramer

• GCN Staff
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 12:03 AM

you do not become a pirate, the pirate becomes you.
it is the way of the force.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Mutamba Studios PUNCHES YOU IN THE FACE!!

#11 Darkside

Darkside

omg hl2 = teh delayed

• GCN Staff
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 12:06 AM

Yes my young padawan...

#12 AL9000

AL9000

Citadel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 12:13 AM

I'm going to go ahead and make sure this doesn't become another Dodgeball thread by bringing other movies into discussion. Last friday I had my wisdom teeth removed, so I was doped up all day and unable to go anywhere. Can you think of a better day to have an all-day movie orgy than this? Anyways, here's what I watched:

Ordered the Last Samurai on PPV, it was alright, lots of people getting their shit cut up. Tom Cruise's character was a bit over-dramatic sometimes, but it didn't detract from the movie that much. Overall great performances and great action, oh, and NINJAS VS. SAMURAI THE ULTIMATE BATTLE (ninjas didn't win sad.gif)

The Elephant Man came on IFC right after I finished with the Last Samurai. This was one of those movies everybody knows about but I had never actually seen. It was a bit slow, but very enjoyable. The makeup on the "elephant man" was very good for a film made in 1980 (although the black and white format makes you suspect otherwise). Overall very good drama, Anthony Hopkins was very convincing as the doctor.

After the Elephant Man some movie called Jesus' Son came on. This was a indie film all the way, as I had no idea wtf was going on half the time (but then again I was heavily under the effects of my prescription oxycodine at this point). Some heroin addict in the 70's wanders around and eventually cleans himself up in the end. Lots of weird scenes including him and Denis Leary tearing up an apartment, and then later on some hilarious scenes with him and Jack Black as doped up nurses trying to remove a knife from a man's face. I eventually got bored of this one and went to sleep. Probably wouldn't watch it again.
user posted image

#13 Murdok

Murdok

• Senior Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 12:16 AM

"Mystic River" is a good movie. Watched it last night.

One thing's for sure, Sean Penn deserved that Oscar.

#14 AL9000

AL9000

Citadel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (Murdok @ Jul 4 2004, 08:16 PM)
"Mystic River" is a good movie.  Watched it last night. 

One thing's for sure, Sean Penn deserved that Oscar.

I haven't heard much about this one, but I'll try to check it out. At first I thought you were talking that movie that came out recently with Robert Duvall and the 6th Sense kid, I forgot what it was called.
user posted image

#15 Darkside

Darkside

omg hl2 = teh delayed

• GCN Staff
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 12:27 AM

Hmmm Dodgeball...

I heard Mystic River was good, never saw it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users