40 replies to this topic

#1 SewerCow

SewerCow

The gayest straight man ever

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 08:43 PM

This brought tears to my eyes when I saw this on Postal's website but Uwe Boll (I think lots of people hate him) is making a Postal Movie, it is going to be soooo freakin awesome, I am definately going to see it.

Movie News
user posted image
Muchas Gracias DJShamrock for the sig. :)

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven. -Deus Ex: The Conspiracy

I'm not killing anyone, I'm just enjoying my second amendment right. -The one and only, your's truly-

When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth. -Dawn of the Dead-

#2 Murdok

Murdok

• Senior Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:20 PM

"Uwe Boll is the perfect producer-director to make POSTAL," affirmed Running With Scissors' CEO Vince Desi. "He understands the subject matter and has an appreciation and affinity for controversy and political incorrectness. POSTAL has always been about reason and insanity, violence and motivation; producer-director Uwe Boll is simply the right guy to bring that vision to the screen."

If anyone needs me, I'll be puking in the other room.

#3 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:45 PM

What...the...hell. How can you make amovie about peeing on corpses and mugging with a shovel? This Uwe guy needs to be stopped.

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#4 Dr. _B.

Dr. _B.

Freeman's Owner

• GCN Staff
  • 6,741 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:03 PM

I'd pay to see Christian Slater piss on a corpse.
user posted image

- What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?
- Life is like a sofa -- change comes from within.
- God loves you. He's just an abusive lover.
- Sometimes whatever doesn't kill you...can really piss you off for a heluva long time!
- Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

#5 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• [On thin ice] Stupid Prisoner People
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 11:08 PM

im trying to smile.

i think some of you may be right

there is no god

Jusus is suppose to love everyone

but he must not love us if uwe bowel shit

is allowed to make movies

I saw that one movie, at the vid store, it had ll cool j

but also christian slater,

and i think uwe is the only person

to hire him

now i understand Dr. B more then ever.

dear fucking lord, i need a psychiatrist
user posted image

#6 Murdok

Murdok

• Senior Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 11:11 PM

But wait, there's hope!

Boll essentially is a modern-day director. He's able to secure the investors (mostly German, in Hollywood often derisively referred to as "stupid German money"), secure the rights for cheap, picking games with only moderate brand recognition, does all of the actual production himself, and swiftly cranks out a movie. While under normal circumstances a director's movies could gross so little he's eventually shut out from every operating studio, Boll is exempt because he funds them under a loophole in German tax law that is supported by contributors and actually rewards movies that perform badly, via a writeoff at the end of the year.

It has been recently reported that the loophole in German tax law has been revised. Starting January 2006, contributors to failed films will no longer be able to profit from failed films through a tax writeoff at the end of the year. This may well result in an end to Boll's film career, as it would make it impossible for him to capitalize on films that fail at the box office, resulting in a loss of investors.

#7 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE(Murdok @ Oct 24 2005, 07:11 PM)
But wait, there's hope! 

Boll essentially is a modern-day director. He's able to secure the investors (mostly German, in Hollywood often derisively referred to as "stupid German money"), secure the rights for cheap, picking games with only moderate brand recognition, does all of the actual production himself, and swiftly cranks out a movie. While under normal circumstances a director's movies could gross so little he's eventually shut out from every operating studio, Boll is exempt because he funds them under a loophole in German tax law that is supported by contributors and actually rewards movies that perform badly, via a writeoff at the end of the year.

It has been recently reported that the loophole in German tax law has been revised. Starting January 2006, contributors to failed films will no longer be able to profit from failed films through a tax writeoff at the end of the year. This may well result in an end to Boll's film career, as it would make it impossible for him to capitalize on films that fail at the box office, resulting in a loss of investors.

What kind of idiot would pass a law like that in the first place? Geezzuus.

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#8 Maxx

Maxx

Lord Kramer

• GCN Staff
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE(Dr. _B. @ Oct 24 2005, 06:03 PM)
I'd pay to see Christian Slater piss on a corpse.

and that is that.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Mutamba Studios PUNCHES YOU IN THE FACE!!

#9 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• [On thin ice] Stupid Prisoner People
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 01:39 AM

laws are generally stupid. supposedly that schroder dudes party lost some power, so now his plot to destroy the us by making us depressed about our best product, movies, has been foiled.

honestly though, i mean this is shit fucking stupid. is there even a single uwe bowel fansite anywhere? has there been a single sole in the world that has praised his films? or video game fan that has said 'hey uwe, keep up the good work!"

the man has to be living in a dreamworld, normally when a situation like this would come up, there would be an argument, no noone ive ever seen has said "hey uwe is cool and makes good movies. NOOONE.

user posted image

#10 Maxx

Maxx

Lord Kramer

• GCN Staff
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE(polyguns @ Oct 24 2005, 09:39 PM)
is there even a single uwe bowel fansite anywhere?

actually yes there is, and Murdok and I found it.... and he sent them an email that contained one word: Why?
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Mutamba Studios PUNCHES YOU IN THE FACE!!

#11 Dr. _B.

Dr. _B.

Freeman's Owner

• GCN Staff
  • 6,741 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 03:38 AM

Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you. - Dr. _B.

user posted image

- Sometimes whatever doesn't kill you...can really piss you off for a heluva long time!
- Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

#12 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:06 AM

QUOTE(Dr. _B. @ Oct 24 2005, 11:38 PM)

Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you. - Dr. _B.

By the way Dr. B is a bonified psychologist. And he takes Blue Cross and Paypal.

#13 Darkside

Darkside

omg hl2 = teh delayed

• GCN Staff
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:44 AM

k.

by the way, according to google...

Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you. - Carl G. Jung

#14 Dr. _B.

Dr. _B.

Freeman's Owner

• GCN Staff
  • 6,741 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 05:26 AM

Jung died in '61. He can no longer cure sane men. I can. Therefore, show me a sane man and I will cure him for you. And since I doubt that I can cure Poly, it stands to reason he must be............. blink.gif
user posted image

#15 magnetmannen

magnetmannen

• [Colossus]> Colossus Staff
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 06:32 AM

why are u all discussing this movie so much, after all its not like any of u will go and see it?
user posted image
"He who trades liberty for security deserves neither and will lose both."
- Thomas Jefferson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users