40 replies to this topic

#16 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 09:09 AM

because we are residents of the internet, and its national internet policy to hate everything that even mildly sucks
QUOTE(polyguns @ Dec 19 2005, 08:47 PM)
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

QUOTE(DJShamrock @ Jun 13 2006, 01:57 AM)
I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

QUOTE(magebomb @ Oct 18 2006, 06:30 PM)
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#17 SewerCow

SewerCow

The gayest straight man ever

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE(magnetmannen @ Oct 25 2005, 01:32 AM)
why are u all discussing this movie so much, after all its not like any of u will go and see it?

How DARE YOU! (I apolagize, don't attack me) I will because I am a loser, and I support RWS and any decisions they make, they freakin rule
user posted image
Muchas Gracias DJShamrock for the sig. :)

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven. -Deus Ex: The Conspiracy

I'm not killing anyone, I'm just enjoying my second amendment right. -The one and only, your's truly-

When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth. -Dawn of the Dead-

#18 Murdok

Murdok

• Senior Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE(Uwe Boll on audience reaction to 'Alone in the Dark')
"Yes, I'm going tomorrow to the theater.  Don't tell it to the people, they will chase me and track me down and kill me."

Edited by Murdok, 25 October 2005 - 09:22 PM.

#19 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• [On thin ice] Stupid Prisoner People
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE(SewerCow @ Oct 25 2005, 08:49 PM)
why are u all discussing this movie so much, after all its not like any of u will go and see it?

How DARE YOU! (I apolagize, don't attack me) I will because I am a loser, and I support RWS and any decisions they make, they freakin rule

definition of a blind fanboi there sewercow. some people don't do things cause its a good idea, they do it for money.
user posted image

#20 Murdok

Murdok

• Senior Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE(polyguns @ Oct 25 2005, 10:50 PM)
some people don't do things cause its a good idea, they do it for money.

Yep, that's right Poly. Oh, by the way, here's an interesting bit of info I read about Uwe Boll's next project. Thought you would like it...

Far Cry...The script is currently being finished and will likely be...after...Postal. Boll hopes to cast a big star like The Rock for the title role.

#21 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE(polyguns @ Oct 25 2005, 06:50 PM)
QUOTE(SewerCow @ Oct 25 2005, 08:49 PM)

definition of a blind fanboi there sewercow. some people don't do things cause its a good idea, they do it for money.

But I guarantee if Uwe Boll directed a Far Cry movie you would go Poly. And talk it up incessantly until everyone left the boards but me and Darkside. Then we would ban you and me and Darkside would live happily ever after.

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#22 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• 4,257 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE(Murdok @ Oct 26 2005, 12:12 AM)
QUOTE(polyguns @ Oct 25 2005, 10:50 PM)
some people don't do things cause its a good idea, they do it for money.

Yep, that's right Poly. Oh, by the way, here's an interesting bit of info I read about Uwe Boll's next project. Thought you would like it...

Far Cry...The script is currently being finished and will likely be...after...Postal. Boll hopes to cast a big star like The Rock for the title role.

damnitt murdock i had forced myself to forget about that!

the thing that pisses me good is ray liota is in that dungeon siege movie. I love ray liota, he pwns, wicked evil d00d.

we can stop him if we don't watch his movies. I honestly don't see the need for a farcry movie, its movie like enough as it is. games are getting so good nowadays a movie is simply an entertainment downgrade. I played river for an hour a couple days ago, AGAIN, and it was way cooler then a movie
user posted image

#23 Darkside

Darkside

omg hl2 = teh delayed

• GCN Staff
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 03:21 AM

Uwe Boll is a fucking idiot. What kind of freak would make a dungeon Siege movie. How can you make a good movie based off a damn RPG. And he's going to absolutely ruin Far Cry too.

#24 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE(polyguns @ Oct 26 2005, 02:52 AM)
we can stop him if we don't watch his movies.

actually, someone mentioned in the "damn you uwe boll!" thread that he profits off of a loophole in german law that rewards poor-performing movies. you cant kill true evil.
QUOTE(polyguns @ Dec 19 2005, 08:47 PM)
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

QUOTE(DJShamrock @ Jun 13 2006, 01:57 AM)
I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

QUOTE(magebomb @ Oct 18 2006, 06:30 PM)
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#25 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• 4,257 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 05:55 PM

gawd. Hrmmm. ok, I got it.

we fake a press release, with uwe bowell talking shit about muhammad and allah and terrorists. germany is full of terrorists, one of them will surely assisinate his ass and BINGO! no more worries.

see if pat robertson came up with ideas like that, not even shammy would be mad
user posted image

#26 Murdok

Murdok

• Senior Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE(chuckybob)

actually, someone mentioned in the "damn you uwe boll!" thread that he profits off of a loophole in german law that rewards poor-performing movies. you cant kill true evil.

You can. Revision of German law can. As of 2006, it's bye-bye for Dr. Boll.

QUOTE(Murdok @ Oct 24 2005, 11:11 PM)
But wait, there's hope! 

It has been recently reported that the loophole in German tax law has been revised. Starting January 2006, contributors to failed films will no longer be able to profit from failed films through a tax writeoff at the end of the year. This may well result in an end to Boll's film career, as it would make it impossible for him to capitalize on films that fail at the box office, resulting in a loss of investors.

#27 Darkside

Darkside

omg hl2 = teh delayed

• GCN Staff
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 12:49 AM

thank god for that.

#28 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 01:54 AM

I get pissed off at the fact that they can spend 3 million and make a great game then spend 50 million to make a shitty movie about said game. Just imagine if they used that 50 million and dedicated it to creating a really, really great game. I mean, you pay $10 for a movie, but $50 bucks for a game. It makes sence to invest in gaming.

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#29 Maxx

Maxx

Lord Kramer

• GCN Staff
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE(Darkside @ Oct 25 2005, 11:21 PM)
And he's going to absolutely ruin Far Cry too.

he doesn't have to, the game ruined itself.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Mutamba Studios PUNCHES YOU IN THE FACE!!

#30 Murdok

Murdok

• Senior Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE(Maxx @ Oct 27 2005, 03:02 AM)
QUOTE(Darkside @ Oct 25 2005, 11:21 PM)
And he's going to absolutely ruin Far Cry too.

he doesn't have to, the game ruined itself.

user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users