40 replies to this topic

#31 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• [On thin ice] Stupid Prisoner People
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 04:06 AM

i seroiously doubt that uwe could spend 50 million on a movie. unless he bought off reviewers
user posted image

#32 SewerCow

SewerCow

The gayest straight man ever

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE(polyguns @ Oct 25 2005, 05:50 PM)
QUOTE(SewerCow @ Oct 25 2005, 08:49 PM)
QUOTE(magnetmannen @ Oct 25 2005, 01:32 AM)
why are u all discussing this movie so much, after all its not like any of u will go and see it?

How DARE YOU! (I apolagize, don't attack me) I will because I am a loser, and I support RWS and any decisions they make, they freakin rule

definition of a blind fanboi there sewercow. some people don't do things cause its a good idea, they do it for money.

I love the game and I love RWS, so the movie must be hilarious, I had HOURS of fun playing that game.
user posted image
Muchas Gracias DJShamrock for the sig. :)

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven. -Deus Ex: The Conspiracy

I'm not killing anyone, I'm just enjoying my second amendment right. -The one and only, your's truly-

When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth. -Dawn of the Dead-

#33 Darkside

Darkside

omg hl2 = teh delayed

• GCN Staff
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 02:51 PM

I love HL and I love Valve, but I can gurantee that a HL movie would be horrible.

Your logic is flawed, Sewercow.

#34 SewerCow

SewerCow

The gayest straight man ever

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 07:20 PM

One reason It isn't flawed is because RWS they don't make the huge profit that Valve makes, if valve did make a movie they could definately handle it because they are multi millionares, but RWS probably have a million but they aren't near as rich as the guys over at valve so I am going to be a loyal supporter of them and well support them. I also find enjoyment in movies that most people wouldn't like.
user posted image
Muchas Gracias DJShamrock for the sig. :)

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven. -Deus Ex: The Conspiracy

I'm not killing anyone, I'm just enjoying my second amendment right. -The one and only, your's truly-

When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth. -Dawn of the Dead-

#35 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE(SewerCow @ Oct 29 2005, 03:20 PM)
One reason It isn't flawed is because RWS they don't make the huge profit that Valve makes, if valve did make a movie they could definately handle it because they are multi millionares, but RWS probably have a million but they aren't near as rich as the guys over at valve so I am going to be a loyal supporter of them and well support them.  I also find enjoyment in movies that most people wouldn't like.

I understand your "root for the underdog" mentality. Venry honorable. But how is RWS not being as successful as Valve equal a better movie?

If they do decide to make a movie (Valve). I hope they do a Godzilla reinactment with Gabe playing Gabezilla. Imagine a 700 foot tall Gabe stomping through Seattle battling the Army; bellowings saying like "Your psychics are no match for my ooooowwwwnnn." I would pay 20 bucks to see that.

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#36 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• [On thin ice] Stupid Prisoner People
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 09:44 PM

ecept it would be: ""Your psychics are no match for havocs."

you don't need a hl2 movie.

I was talking with my nephew after seeing doom. games are so cenematic today,and long, and interactive, creating a 90 minute movie out of any of them would take away from creative storytelling of the games. If anything, movie to game ideas are better then game to movie ideas, and in the future it will be even more true. but that won't stop people from trying to make an etra buck. If valve can get enough $$$ off a hl2 movie, they would do it, even if it would be a disappointment. but if i were them, i would jsut license the unreal 3 engine and make a more cenematic shorter mod animated game
user posted image

#37 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 11:41 AM

i highly agree with both of the last posts.
QUOTE(polyguns @ Dec 19 2005, 08:47 PM)
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

QUOTE(DJShamrock @ Jun 13 2006, 01:57 AM)
I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

QUOTE(magebomb @ Oct 18 2006, 06:30 PM)
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#38 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 02:21 AM

Postal 2's worst sin is that it is simply boring. From the wack attempts at humor to the poorly thought out puzzles and the shitty graphics engine; this game just plain sucks ass. It's like opening a huge box only to find that it contains 99% styro-foam peanuts and 1% fecal matter. Even its pseudo outrageousness feels padded out by lazy, talent-free designers who just want your money so they can go back to masturbating in their offices.

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#39 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 02:57 AM

shammy, i swear to god, if you supported uwe boll in any way, shape, or form, ill disown you right now
QUOTE(polyguns @ Dec 19 2005, 08:47 PM)
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

QUOTE(DJShamrock @ Jun 13 2006, 01:57 AM)
I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

QUOTE(magebomb @ Oct 18 2006, 06:30 PM)
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#40 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 05:56 AM

QUOTE(chuckybob @ Nov 22 2006, 10:57 PM)
shammy, i swear to god, if you supported uwe boll in any way, shape, or form, ill disown you right now

Yeah not a problem. I think I have made my opinion on Uwe pretty damn crystal.
http://forums.gamece...ghlite=uwe boll

I did a search for Uwe Boll on GCN. wow.

#41 BLACK^WOLF

BLACK^WOLF

██▓▓▒▒░░

• Senior Members
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:16 PM

hmm:

The error returned was:

Sorry, but we did not find any matches to display. Try again and broaden your search criteria. If you were searching for new posts since your last visit, it's possible that there are none to show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users