10 replies to this topic

#1 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• [On thin ice] Stupid Prisoner People
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 12:36 AM

i watched bits and pieces of the Oscars last night, john stewart was ok imo, but was called the worst host ever by others. to me it was just like the daily show with out the newscasters to make it actually funny.

things piss me off abou the oscars. they don't recognize the awsomeness of movies that don't have any compelling social meaning. this year my favorits movie is serinity. why? cause frankly i can watch it every night. ive already seen it at least 20 times, and it has the coolest dialogue ive heard in a movie for quite some time. Also, Batman, was super awsome, but wasn;t nominated. I garuntee if there was a gay ass robin in it it would be.

But my favorite winner would have to be Three Six mafia winning for best origional score. They PWN, and not just cause they won, but cause they represent the Volunteer State. Yup, thats right shammeh, they are all from Memphis Tennessee, home of the King.

I loved then back in the day, I got the Bone Thugs tape back in highschool, then i heard 666, and E-Z-E ripped off the 666 mafia style for Bone Thugs.

So they played at the OSCARS and that was cool.

George Clooney won, i like him as an actor but will never forgive him for that bullshit batman movie, and what would the oscars be without a speach saying how actors are so much better then the rest of us wink.gif.

the coolest part was the best makeup effects where the winner was up talking about all these people who helped and bla bla bla, then mentioned Rick Baker, the greatest of all time. Earlier that night, rick was working on a troll in Z-brush.

user posted image

#2 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 12:46 AM

New York hip-hop is the best hip-hop, period. Not even a contest.

Phillip Seymore Hoffman ftw. That guy is amazing.

user posted image

He won best actor btw.

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#3 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• 4,257 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 12:52 AM

on tehcoffeeroom forums make the bg white so all our gifs aren't so fucked.,

and hell no, no music like southern music. i dunno how thats even disputed. the english do have some tight shit though
user posted image

#4 Coyote

Coyote

The Boy From Oz

• GCN Staff
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 01:44 AM

Southern Music? LMAO no we all know eskimo's are a rockin bunch.
user posted image

#5 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• 4,257 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 01:47 AM

i forgot

but get back on topic

the oscars
user posted image

#6 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 02:35 AM

crash pwnz.

there's something about a gay cowboy love story that doesnt appeal to me, but i heard it was good.

king kong only won anything because it has a giant cg gorilla. im gonna make a movie with a giant cg gorilla-eating squid and win an oscar too.

the other movie was so crappy i havent heard of it and dont know what it is.
QUOTE(polyguns @ Dec 19 2005, 08:47 PM)
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

QUOTE(DJShamrock @ Jun 13 2006, 01:57 AM)
I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

QUOTE(magebomb @ Oct 18 2006, 06:30 PM)
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#7 Murdok

Murdok

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 03:17 AM

My favourite Stewart quotes of the night:

Expressing surprise that "Cinderella Man" didn't win for Best Makeup:

"Imagine the difficulty in making Russell Crowe look like he got into a fight."

Pointing to a giant Oscar prop:

"Do you think if we all got together and pulled this down, democracy would flourish in Hollywood?"

#8 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 03:55 AM

hahahaha needs moar john stewart quotes!
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#9 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:43 AM

Speaking of Jon Stewart. I watch The Colbert Report right after the Daily Show every night. It's awesome. It's supposed to be like the O'Reilly Factor, but dissing it.

Anyways, last Thuirsay Stephen predicted all of the Ocars winners using "Da Colbert Code" and he nailed it. He got every single one! Gotta love him man.

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#10 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 05:21 AM

clearly, "da collbert code" = stolen oscar ballots

Edited by chuckybob, 07 March 2006 - 05:27 AM.

#11 Dr. _B.

Dr. _B.

Freeman's Owner

• GCN Staff
  • 6,741 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 07:13 PM

Ah, the Oscars. Or as they call it in Hollywood, the Gay Super Bowl. The Academy Awards show was seen in over 100 countries, two of which don’t hate us. The real shocker last night was that "Crash” upset "Brokeback Mountain” to win best picture. They were not happy in Hollywood. They were looting pottery barns, flipping over Volvos, smashing Liza Minnelli records. It was ugly. I feel bad for "Brokeback Mountain.” They make this great movie about intolerance and then they get screwed by a movie about racism. Actually, "Crash” and "Brokeback Mountain” had similar themes. Whether you’re a driver in L.A. or a cowboy in Montana, keep checking your rear view mirror. You don’t know what’s going to be coming up behind you. laugh.gif
user posted image

- What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?
- Life is like a sofa -- change comes from within.
- God loves you. He's just an abusive lover.
- Sometimes whatever doesn't kill you...can really piss you off for a heluva long time!
- Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users