14 replies to this topic

#1 SewerCow

SewerCow

The gayest straight man ever

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:42 PM

Who is going to see it when it comes out? It is about 300 spartans (I think it is spartans) that fight 1 million enemy forces. The trailor looks freakin crazy.
user posted image
Muchas Gracias DJShamrock for the sig. :)

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven. -Deus Ex: The Conspiracy

I'm not killing anyone, I'm just enjoying my second amendment right. -The one and only, your's truly-

When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth. -Dawn of the Dead-

#2 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE(SewerCow @ Jan 25 2007, 05:42 PM)
Who is going to see it when it comes out?  It is about 300 spartans (I think it is spartans) that fight 1 million enemy forces.  The trailor looks freakin crazy.

Looks amazing.

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#3 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 03:17 AM

looks bad.
QUOTE(polyguns @ Dec 19 2005, 08:47 PM)
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

QUOTE(DJShamrock @ Jun 13 2006, 01:57 AM)
I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

QUOTE(magebomb @ Oct 18 2006, 06:30 PM)
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#4 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 04:10 AM

I think it's called 225 in Canada if the exchange rate is correct.

Actually I may have to change my mind on this movie. I just watched the trailer again. The trailer looks awesome. But I don't know if I can watch a whole movie like that trailers cinematic effect. It would be like watch a Calvin Kline commercial for 2 hours but with less blood.

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#5 Dr. _B.

Dr. _B.

Freeman's Owner

• GCN Staff
  • 6,741 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 06:35 AM

For those of you outside the USA that don't know wtf this thread is about, go here to dl the trailer
http://300themovie.warnerbros.com/
user posted image

- What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?
- Life is like a sofa -- change comes from within.
- God loves you. He's just an abusive lover.
- Sometimes whatever doesn't kill you...can really piss you off for a heluva long time!
- Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

#6 SewerCow

SewerCow

• Senior Members
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 04:30 PM

Gosh man, each time I see that trailor I get more and more stoked about it.
user posted image

I'm not killing anyone, I'm just enjoying my second amendment right. -The one and only, your's truly-

When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth. -Dawn of the Dead-

#7 Dr. _B.

Dr. _B.

Freeman's Owner

• GCN Staff
  • 6,741 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:05 AM

300 opened on Friday. Anyone seen it, or gonna see it, report back here.
Some early reviews:

'300': AT THE GATES OF GORE: GRUESOME TALE OF SPARTAN-PERSIAN BATTLE MATCHES DARK GRAPHIC NOVEL ON WHICH IT'S BASED
http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_5394283

EARLY SHOWINGS FOR '300' FILM DRAW SELL-OUT CROWDS
http://news.scotsman...fm?id=382032007

REVIEWED ON 'AIN'T IT COOL NEWS' : "I just saw a movie thatíll give your eyes boners, make your balls scream and make you poop DVD copies of THE TRANSPORTER. Itís called 300. I donít know what the title has to do with the movie, but they couldíve called it KITTENS MAKING CANDLES and itíd still rule." ....... "My final analysis is '300' is the most ass-ruling movie Iíve seen this year, and will probably be the King of 2007 unless someone makes a movie where a pair of sentient boobs fights a werewolf."
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31520
user posted image

- Sometimes whatever doesn't kill you...can really piss you off for a heluva long time!
- Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

#8 Dr. _B.

Dr. _B.

Freeman's Owner

• GCN Staff
  • 6,741 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:15 AM

Follow-up: "300 becomes 2007's 1st blockbuster with ticket sales of $70 million over its opening weekend, according to studio estimates Sunday. That's about $233,000 for every one of the legendary 300 Spartan soldiers who fought off a much larger Persian force in the epic battle."

(edit because I forgot to post the source) http://www.timeslead...es/16884093.htm

Edited by Dr. _B., 12 March 2007 - 03:16 AM.

user posted image

#9 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 05:30 PM

i saw this the other day. its pretty entertaining.
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#10 SewerCow

SewerCow

• Senior Members
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 12:55 AM

I have seen it twice and I love it more and more. After watching it I wanted to kick something. All of those guys in the movie are RIPPED. The violence is fake but realistic and awesome at the same time.
user posted image

#11 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 04:24 AM

QUOTE(SewerCow @ Mar 23 2007, 08:55 PM)
I have seen it twice and I love it more and more.  After watching it I wanted to kick something.  All of those guys in the movie are RIPPED.  The violence is fake but realistic and awesome at the same time.

You should write movie reviews for a living.

#12 Dr. _B.

Dr. _B.

Freeman's Owner

• GCN Staff
  • 6,741 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 04:27 AM

UNITED NATIONS ó Iran's U.N. Mission expressed outrage Thursday at the "deliberate distortions" of ancient Persia in the blockbuster movie 300 and said it was part of Western efforts to demonize Iran.

http://www.chron.com...nt/4655626.html
user posted image

#13 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:15 AM

it wouldnt suprise me if iran was right.

#14 SewerCow

SewerCow

• Senior Members
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE(DJShamrock @ Mar 23 2007, 11:24 PM)
QUOTE(SewerCow @ Mar 23 2007, 08:55 PM)
I have seen it twice and I love it more and more.  After watching it I wanted to kick something.  All of those guys in the movie are RIPPED.  The violence is fake but realistic and awesome at the same time.

You should write movie reviews for a living.

ahaha sarcasm, I love it. I write reviews for time, you most likely read my in depth coverage of babel.
user posted image

#15 magnetmannen

magnetmannen

• [Colossus]> Colossus Staff
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:25 AM

i hate those historically uncorrect movies, they even took of theyr bodyarmour , wich was one of the reasons theyr 300 men could withstand such a onslaught.

the bodyarmour was a layered construction wich could even stop arrows.
but in this movie theyr naked.... silly. maybe they got pressured by the american government to not use bodyarmour in the movie or the american soldiers of today would demand bodyarmour too.

bodyarmour ftw.

Edited by magnetmannen, 26 March 2007 - 08:27 AM.

user posted image
"He who trades liberty for security deserves neither and will lose both."
- Thomas Jefferson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users