5 replies to this topic

#1 Jon

Jon

Freeman Himself

• GTC Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 04:25 PM

Saw this last night. Great cinematography, great directing, great script, great costume design, great set design. Definitely an Oscar contender, although it may be limited to the foreign language category because it's subtitled.

This movie isn't for everyone though. And for god's sake don't see it with your parents. A good 20 mins of the movie is ultra-graphic sex scenes. I can see why he put them in the film, but I think there were too many of them.

But all in all, a great movie that you should definitely check out.

The ball has started rolling. This movie marks the start of "Oscar season". Every year I get really down because there are so many crappy movies coming out, then I remember that all the good ones come out at the end of the year. I can't wait to see what the Coen brothers' new film is like. The trailer looks amazing.

Edited by Jon, 16 October 2007 - 04:27 PM.

#2 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 09:53 PM

Never heard of it.

I saw the Silent Hill movie for the first time on HBO last night and it was really, really good. I had no idea.

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#3 Jon

Jon

Freeman Himself

• GTC Staff
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 10:25 PM

It's by Ang Lee, who won an Oscar 2 years ago for best direction (IIRC) for Brokeback Mountain. It just came out this week.

And yeah, Silent Hill was pretty good although the ending was a little lame in my opinion.

#4 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE(Jon @ Oct 16 2007, 04:25 PM)
This movie isn't for everyone though. And for god's sake don't see it with your parents. A good 20 mins of the movie is ultra-graphic sex scenes.

well, im sold.
QUOTE(polyguns @ Dec 19 2005, 08:47 PM)
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

QUOTE(DJShamrock @ Jun 13 2006, 01:57 AM)
I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

QUOTE(magebomb @ Oct 18 2006, 06:30 PM)
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#5 Jon

Jon

Freeman Himself

• GTC Staff
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 02:25 AM

Rofl.

It is a great movie though, if you're a movie buff.

But what will be even better is No Country For Old Men by the Coen Brothers. It comes out in a few weeks but there are special preview screenings this weekend open to the public. Go and see it if there's one near you. It's the Coen Bros for god's sake.

#6 SewerCow

SewerCow

The gayest straight man ever

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:27 AM

The dude in that has a silenced shotgun!! what the balls. That will be a proud day in history when we can silence a shotgun.
user posted image
Muchas Gracias DJShamrock for the sig. :)

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven. -Deus Ex: The Conspiracy

I'm not killing anyone, I'm just enjoying my second amendment right. -The one and only, your's truly-

When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth. -Dawn of the Dead-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users