40 replies to this topic

#1 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• [On thin ice] Stupid Prisoner People
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 05:14 PM

This is my first attempt in modelling to make something cute. I still want a organic dirty skin on him in the details, but im really gonna try to get some cute from the eyeballs.. Just been working on him at work straight in zbrush, just took an afternoon to make the model, but another afternoon just to figure out how to make multiple objects in one mesh.

NE ways, critique while you can before i get too carried away. I'll give him eyeballs, loincloth, and an environment, all in zbrush i hope

user posted image

user posted image

#2 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 07:47 PM

Make the eyes bigger. Anything with oversized eyes is cute automatically.

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#3 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• 4,257 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:09 PM

they are big, but could be bigger.

I try cute, and i always get scary demented. thats why i never persued metalsmithing, i loved it, but women buy jewelry, and i never made anything that wasn;'t gross. sucks to be me
user posted image

#4 Darkside

Darkside

omg hl2 = teh delayed

• GCN Staff
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:10 PM

His tail and head tail both look sort of like penises from that angle.

#5 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• 4,257 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:25 PM

well he is a sex machine, or she, i dunno yet
what you think, he or she?

zbrush fucking rocks
user posted image

#6 Darkside

Darkside

omg hl2 = teh delayed

• GCN Staff
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 10:01 PM

Definately a he. You should make his legs a little smoother, they're a little lumpy and gross right now. Cute little guys don't have lumpy legs.

#7 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• 4,257 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 10:02 PM

i was actually gonna add more. i wanted his legs to look like fat little baby legs
user posted image

#8 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 10:50 PM

i think you should keep the style you have now but make the eyes bigger like shammy said and add a too big for his face smile
QUOTE(polyguns @ Dec 19 2005, 08:47 PM)
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

QUOTE(DJShamrock @ Jun 13 2006, 01:57 AM)
I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

QUOTE(magebomb @ Oct 18 2006, 06:30 PM)
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#9 Darkside

Darkside

omg hl2 = teh delayed

• GCN Staff
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 11:42 PM

I don't really like his penis head tail either. I like the antenna though.

#10 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• 4,257 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 01:40 AM

hrmmm, smile i dunno. sometimes sad puppy dog eyes can be cuter. The tail in the back i added or else he would look like a snork. Julie and shammy know what a snork is, but the rest of you prolly not

the antenna, i started to put an eyeball in it, but im thinking blowhole for sure. hes definatly a water dwelling critter, and a vegitarian. hes evolving into a land animal losing his tail, beomming more upright to eat algae on the surface and watch for predators, so he uses the tail on his head to swim him around in the water
user posted image

#11 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 01:41 AM

I am an artist. I know how to make cute. Check it.

Big eyes!

user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image

BTW you model looks alot like a Snork.
user posted image

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#12 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 02:09 AM

et is ugly, but gizmo is the shit and that little rat thing is kinda cute too

-e- it does kind of look like a snork, but its not crappily generic

Edited by chuckybob, 17 November 2005 - 02:11 AM.

QUOTE(polyguns @ Dec 19 2005, 08:47 PM)
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

QUOTE(DJShamrock @ Jun 13 2006, 01:57 AM)
I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

QUOTE(magebomb @ Oct 18 2006, 06:30 PM)
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#13 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• 4,257 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 02:17 AM

i never thought et was cute myself, he looked alot like my papaw
user posted image

#14 julieannefiu

julieannefiu

Citadel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 02:22 AM

ET freaks me the hell out, man. It'd be better with big eyes, that's for sure. The butt part reminded me of a turd. You should put a diaper on him. I see turd, I think diaper. His belly reminds me of a fat old pervy guy. (Don't ask why, those are just my first thoughts) I like his ears, hands and face. A smile would be creepy. The antannae is Snork Like. I think the back of the head is kind of scary. Maybe make him have chubbier cheeks. This is just a girl's opinion. Otherwise, I think it's cool that you did that!
user posted image

Shammy's the man, thanks for the sig.

Panthers kick (themselves in the) ass

#15 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• 4,257 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 04:44 AM

i do this shit all the time tongue.gif

damnitt, i can't get away from creapy