23 replies to this topic

#16 Hiro_Protaganist

Hiro_Protaganist

Zombie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 05:41 AM

#1 Gmax is produced by discreet also. Originally the intent was to give everyone the ability to make models for games. Dunguen(sp?)Keeper 2 and Microsof Flight simulater 200? came with GMAX support. the problem being no game developers baothered with GMAX support. Gmax can be used to create models for games but it requires a little extra work.

#2 F' Warez, you can always tell someone who illegally aquired a copy of 3dsmax because of the questions they ask. People who use MAX are generally students and industry professionals so when you see someone asking how to weld a vertice or something like you can immedietly tell. And most modelers have no patience for people who download warez. it just means the next release of MAX will be even more expensive.

When the Going Get's Weird;
The weird turn pro.
user posted image

#17 FallenAngel

FallenAngel

HeadCrab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 05:57 AM

I was wondering if that gun is the L85A1 since i can't really tell since I have only seen the gun when it has color on it. Anyway that is a nice model and keep up the good work.
The Matrix Has You

#18 Hiro_Protaganist

Hiro_Protaganist

Zombie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 10:33 AM

yeah it's the SA80 variant of the l85. thank you i'm cuurrently redoing the model. finally got some decent reference images.
The weird turn pro.
user posted image

#19 ice_cube

ice_cube

Strider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 28 June 2003 - 01:13 AM

GMAX is not only made by discreet, it IS some sort of limited version of 3ds max.

#20 Coastal

Coastal

HeadCrab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 June 2003 - 07:09 PM

Hiro What program do you use to make your models?

#21 Hiro_Protaganist

Hiro_Protaganist

Zombie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 04:30 AM

Coastal: 3ds MAX 5
ice_cube: you statement is confusing- GMAX is made by discreet and basically Max LITE.
i.e- does not support rendering, UVW mapping, or the bells and whistles that i takes to make truly great models. However it's a great lerning tool for people who have never used AutoDesk software.
The weird turn pro.
user posted image

#22 Hitman

Hitman

Ant Lion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 12:33 PM

Hiro_Protaganist you want to join a Half-Life 2 modification team called cause and effect ?
We have one skinner for the moment.
For the moment we need:
Skinners
Modelers
2d artists

mail me if you are interested counter_mannen@hotmail.com or join the irc channel #causeandeffect.

http://www.causeandeffect.cjb.net or http://www.home.no/cae

#23 Hiro_Protaganist

Hiro_Protaganist

Zombie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 03:28 PM

sorry bro, working for Cold War: Melting Point. Good luck with your mod. As HL2 relese draws near you'll see more modelers and artists come to the boards. Just be ready to snatch them up smile.gif
The weird turn pro.
user posted image

#24 Hitman

Hitman

Ant Lion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 03:49 PM

No problem mate!

PS:Good luck with your mod.