200 replies to this topic

#1 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:08 AM

From the Declaration of Independance "...That all (human beings) are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness..."

BUT the declaration of independance only applies to U.S. citizens. And you are not a U.S. citizen unless you are BORN in the U.S. or migrate here and pass a test, so unborn babies are not protected under previous U.S. law, which means, going by legal precident, abortion is legal.

Edited by chuckybob, 10 October 2005 - 08:50 PM.

QUOTE(polyguns @ Dec 19 2005, 08:47 PM)
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

QUOTE(DJShamrock @ Jun 13 2006, 01:57 AM)
I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

QUOTE(magebomb @ Oct 18 2006, 06:30 PM)
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#2 Coyote

Coyote

The Boy From Oz

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:19 AM

Oooo thats a very tricky point, Im just glad I didnt get aborted so I can laugh at this. It would be interesting to see polys point on this seeing as he often uses technicalities in US law to his advantage, but this also clashes with his religious beliefs.
user posted image

#3 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE(chuckybob @ Oct 10 2005, 05:08 AM)
From the Declaration of Independance "...That all (human beings) are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness..."

BUT the declaration of independance only applies to U.S. citizens. And you are not a U.S. citizen unless you are BORN in the U.S. or migrate here and pass a test, so unborn babies are not protected under previous U.S. law, which means, going by that whole "previous rulings determine current policy" thing (someone give me the term so i can edit this), abortion is legal.

I never though of it like that. Abortion is legal anyways because of Roevwade. But, nobody want to kill fetuses. And abortion shouldn't be birth control. But to flat out say its wrong and immoral and prejudging people for having them is where I am conflicted.

God doesn't like babies anyways. They say in the bible you are born with original sin, so that means you are already a sinner as soon as you pop out. And this is the word of god here, I'm not making this shit up. So maybe if yoy get aborted its like hitting reset on a videogame. Give the parents a do over.

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#4 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• [On thin ice] Stupid Prisoner People
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 01:41 PM

i agree, god doesn't like babies, we should abort them all, but only the foreigh ones, cause "ALL MEN are created equal" you know they were only talking about wig heads
user posted image

#5 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Scientist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 02:13 PM

I'm pretty sure I've said it before and I'll say it again: If you made it, you should have a right to destroy it.

#6 julieannefiu

julieannefiu

Citadel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 02:20 PM

Abortion should absolutely not be a form of birth control, but a woman has the right to choose. I feel if the fetus is in danger or the mother's health could be at risk by giving birth, then fine. If a woman is raped or a victim of incest and gets pregnant, of course that pregnancy should be terminated for fear of inbreeding, retardation or birth defects. What I do believe is that everyone should be put on birth control at the first sign of puberty and be allowed to pass a test before bearing children. I mean, just watch Springer and you'll see why.
user posted image

Shammy's the man, thanks for the sig.

Panthers kick (themselves in the) ass

#7 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• 4,257 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 02:26 PM

ganthiator, please don't EVER tell that to my momma
user posted image

#8 Dr. _B.

Dr. _B.

Freeman's Owner

• GCN Staff
  • 6,741 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 05:45 PM

I mean, just watch Springer and you'll see why.

Or Maury
Who's your daddy, who's your daddy?"
user posted image

- What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?
- Life is like a sofa -- change comes from within.
- God loves you. He's just an abusive lover.
- Sometimes whatever doesn't kill you...can really piss you off for a heluva long time!
- Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

#9 magebomb

magebomb

Gabe Newell

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 02:06 AM

abort ftw
NOTE: if this post was crap, it's because you all have not been exciting enough lately, and well...someone has to be. stfu about crap not being exciting.

#10 BLACK^WOLF

BLACK^WOLF

██▓▓▒▒░░

• Senior Members
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE(chuckybob @ Oct 10 2005, 02:08 AM)

BUT the declaration of independance only applies to U.S. citizens. And you are not a U.S. citizen unless you are BORN in the U.S. or migrate here and pass a test, so unborn babies are not protected under previous U.S. law, which means, going by legal precident, abortion is legal.

thats the DECLORATION OF INDIPENDANCE, not the constitiution, the decloration of independance does NOT give you any rights, it just states that america will seperate its self from king george

#11 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• 4,257 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 04:22 AM

OH SNAP

well it does give you the right to be free from da KING tongue.gif

then elvis came along and we all wanted to be his servant

the defloration of independence.

Edited by polyguns, 11 October 2005 - 04:28 AM.

user posted image

#12 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 07:58 AM

good point, black^wolf

fortunately for my argument:

"Article XIV.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. "
QUOTE(polyguns @ Dec 19 2005, 08:47 PM)
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

QUOTE(DJShamrock @ Jun 13 2006, 01:57 AM)
I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

QUOTE(magebomb @ Oct 18 2006, 06:30 PM)
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#13 julieannefiu

julieannefiu

Citadel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 01:37 PM

The fact is, legal or not, if a woman wants to do it, she will. It's just a matter of if it'll be dome in a hospital safely or if she'll use a coat hanger (I kow someone who tried that) or throw themselves down a flight of stairs.
user posted image

Shammy's the man, thanks for the sig.

Panthers kick (themselves in the) ass

#14 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• 4,257 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 04:50 PM

i think its a matter of the heart, something creapy about a woman that wants to kill her own baby, i dunno, just seems to go against everything darwinistic. your suppose to preserve your offspring, not slaughter them.

anyways, legal or not, its not my concern, my concern is where are my rights in this. should a woman be able to kill my baby ( assuming ill one day get laid again). What kind of power is that a woman has over a man anyways? its the power to kill their offspring, one step below or one step above shere slavery imo. It would be nice if the woman was to get the mans permission if she wanted to do such a thing.

another point is equal protection under the law. If a woman can escape her parental duties without penalty fines or punishment, a man should be able to also. if a man doesn't want his kid to be born, while he can't force the abortion, he should have no legal obligations to that kid if he doesn't want them. no need to pay child support, nothing, cause its only fair, all citizens have the oppourtunity to escape parenthood, not just females.

now, this would be awful social politics. looking at the stats of kids who grow up without daddies, but its fair, and proper. i say go all the way one way or the other, be consistant
user posted image

#15 magebomb

magebomb

Gabe Newell

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 05:57 PM

every species slaughters its young from time to time.
cmaaaaan.
NOTE: if this post was crap, it's because you all have not been exciting enough lately, and well...someone has to be. stfu about crap not being exciting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users