Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 05:13 AM

http://slate.com/id/2167284/

im just gonna drop this one in the fire and run away

"Voter Caging"

the GOP actively campaigned to remove the voting rights of people who were likely to vote democrat in the 2004 elections by sending them a piece of mail. if the mail was returned, the GOP flagged the addressee as a false ballot. 35,000 people's voting rights were taken away. most of the people affected by this were black/students/armed forces.

maor on PBS intarwebs
http://www.pbs.org/n.../330/index.html

GFG GOP.
QUOTE(polyguns @ Dec 19 2005, 08:47 PM)
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

QUOTE(DJShamrock @ Jun 13 2006, 01:57 AM)
I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

QUOTE(magebomb @ Oct 18 2006, 06:30 PM)
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#2 Dr. _B.

Dr. _B.

Freeman's Owner

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,741 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 08:10 AM

This should be a bigger deal than it is, because it's more evidence that Gonzales, Meirs, Rove and that bunch were misusing their legal office for partisan politics, but it's not yet a big deal because the media don't understand 'caging' (few people do really) and until they do, no one's going to be ringing any major alarms. Congress itself isn't shooting off any flares over the issue either, because at the moment Gonzales is in the hot seat for something else (his 'testimony' about his involvement with warrentless wire tapping, taking advantage of a sick Ashcroft, etc. http://www.usatoday....retapping_n.htm

Caging is a direct-mail term. It comes from caging categories of mail in steel shelves and files (cages). In the current context, vote caging is an illegal trick to suppress minority voters (who tend to vote Democrat) by getting them knocked off the voter rolls if they fail to answer registered mail sent to homes they arenít living at (because they are, say, at college or at war or homeless). So hundreds of thousands of Absentee Ballots were also challenged & suppressed in this same manner. Dems lose, GOPs win.

Now in THIS case, even stranger because it's alleged that the White House (Bush, Rove, Meirs, Cheney) had AG Gonzales pressure his attorneys to investigate cases of voter registration fraud, and when they came up short, those US attorneys were fired. So - what - the Republicans were illegally caging votes and illegally disqualifying unregistered voters, and paying to send registered mail to homeless black men, but the Republican attorneys couldn't prosecute enough cases of voter fraud, and that made the Republican Attorney General at the behest of the president, fire the attorneys? The only possible Democrats in this are blameless. It's a Republican house divided against itself....will Congress allow the legal system to be politicized, or will we insist on a Rule of Law???
http://www.gregpalas...should-we-care/
user posted image

- What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?
- Life is like a sofa -- change comes from within.
- God loves you. He's just an abusive lover.
- Sometimes whatever doesn't kill you...can really piss you off for a heluva long time!
- Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

#3 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 09:38 AM

Old news. You ever hear of redisdtricting?

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users