user posted image

#3 Trigger-

Trigger-

HeadCrab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 04:34 PM

is that posssible to run the game maps in DM ?
if so plz contact me
trigger@pro-warrior.com

#4 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• [On thin ice] Stupid Prisoner People
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 10:32 PM

i dunno, i mean are you wanting to do what? make like machinima or whatever?

user posted image

#5 Trigger-

Trigger-

HeadCrab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 10:40 PM

yes i have been making videos for a while with delta force games. i am trying valve now

#6 eleKtriK

eleKtriK

HeadCrab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 04:25 AM

You can use the game maps by running hl2 and opening the console, then type "Map 'mapname'"

All you have to do is figure which map's are which.

#7 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• 4,257 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 05:45 AM

hrmm, i wonder if you can record your game in source? then watch it back in third person, maybe if you use tht gordon model or something?

theres alot of ways to make it i reakon, you prolly know more then me. be sure to post your end result tho
user posted image

#8 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 02:31 PM

It would be awesome if we all got together and did an RvB type thing. That would be wicked fun.

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#9 Darkside

Darkside

omg hl2 = teh delayed

• GCN Staff
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (DJShamrock @ Dec 11 2004, 09:31 AM)
It would be awesome if we all got together and did an RvB type thing. That would be wicked fun.

I would do the voice of Toasty Oats, the black gangsta wannabee with a totally pimped out ride!

#10 Iced_Eagle

Iced_Eagle

Manhack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 06:18 PM

Well you could do an even better, more realistic RvB by using Face Poser. It would be a little different to do though.

This info was all taken by stuff released by valve and such so that's how I know.

You could first record all your dialogue you wanted into face poser, put them on the right character and boom you have realistic lip-synch.

Next you would take those characters, put them in a scene and start scripting to your heart's content. If you wanted to do good machinima, you wouldn't use Gordon, as everyone knows everything about him tongue.gif Oh and you would have to model him really realistically or else fanboys will scream like girls at the sight that his glasses are titled 5 degrees to far to the right or something tongue.gif

Well then you would then load up the map, with the scripted stuff, start recording it as a demo. I'm sure you could put in a camera to do all this automatically, but valve hasn't said anything, so maybe you would have to mod it in. Anyways you would just exec the scripted sequence, and you could just be in spectator mode, and recording it all.

That's how I think it could be done... With a camera it would be so much easier, and then it would be more like once you have it all scripted, including cameras, then you could just load up the map, load the script and enjoy as everything is automated.

please don't take anything as fact in here until valve actually releases the tools though smile.gif

Cheers,
~Iced
user posted image

#11 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:25 AM

QUOTE(DJShamrock @ Dec 11 2004, 02:31 PM)

im down to do some maps for such a good cause smile.gif
QUOTE(polyguns @ Dec 19 2005, 08:47 PM)
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

QUOTE(DJShamrock @ Jun 13 2006, 01:57 AM)
I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

QUOTE(magebomb @ Oct 18 2006, 06:30 PM)
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#12 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• 4,257 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 02:04 PM

hhehehe, cb's revivin the halla old topics. yarrr, he pilages the forums like a true pirate yarrrrgh
user posted image

#13 Darkside

Darkside

omg hl2 = teh delayed

• GCN Staff
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 02:19 PM

At least he can spell right.

#14 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner