Brent

Freeman's Owner

• ^GCN Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE(Murdok @ Jul 10 2006, 02:28 PM)
QUOTE(SewerCow @ Jul 10 2006, 03:51 AM)
A month you say?  Do you get your food paid for and everything?  Either way that would be awesome to spend a month there.

No, food is not included in it because there is no real meal plan we can get since we're on the go almost every week so it really depends how much you want to spend. Food is Czech Republic is extremely cheap, especially in grocery stores. It gets pricy in Vienna and high tourist areas like Prague. If you can get your hands on such a program at your school I highly recommend it. It's an experience you'll never forget.

However, if you just want to backpack, there's tons of hostels out there and also, tons of McDonald's along the way if you don't want to spend too much money (seriously, they're like American Embassies over there, all employees speak english, in all the places I've visited). But in Central Europe, fast food may atually be more expensive than a meal at a nice restaurant. A good reason to walk around the city until you find the right restaurant.

I've convinced Maxx to join me in 2010 for the World Cup in South Africa. I hope I convince more. Travelling is now an addiction, right after my addiction to Hungarian/Czech gulash. I mean look at this! For 3 bucks!

If you can afford the time off then do it. Once you have a career, you won't really be able to take a month off to go to Europe or anywhere else.

My friend did something like this but he took 4000 and just went everywhere. He drove the autobahn, lived as a fisherman in exchange for travel to italy from spain, went on a real african safari drive with proper english people beside him, accidentally witnessed an underground sex party which he described as the worst smell in the world and something he wishes he could un-see, and a shit load more.
Ya, rly.

#17 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:55 AM

mmmmmmm goulash
QUOTE(polyguns @ Dec 19 2005, 08:47 PM)
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

QUOTE(DJShamrock @ Jun 13 2006, 01:57 AM)
I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

QUOTE(magebomb @ Oct 18 2006, 06:30 PM)
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#18 SewerCow

SewerCow

The gayest straight man ever

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE(Murdok @ Jul 10 2006, 01:28 PM)
QUOTE(SewerCow @ Jul 10 2006, 03:51 AM)
A month you say?  Do you get your food paid for and everything?  Either way that would be awesome to spend a month there.

No, food is not included in it because there is no real meal plan we can get since we're on the go almost every week so it really depends how much you want to spend. Food is Czech Republic is extremely cheap, especially in grocery stores. It gets pricy in Vienna and high tourist areas like Prague. If you can get your hands on such a program at your school I highly recommend it. It's an experience you'll never forget.

However, if you just want to backpack, there's tons of hostels out there and also, tons of McDonald's along the way if you don't want to spend too much money (seriously, they're like American Embassies over there, all employees speak english, in all the places I've visited). But in Central Europe, fast food may atually be more expensive than a meal at a nice restaurant. A good reason to walk around the city until you find the right restaurant.

I've convinced Maxx to join me in 2010 for the World Cup in South Africa. I hope I convince more. Travelling is now an addiction, right after my addiction to Hungarian/Czech gulash. I mean look at this! For 3 bucks!

If you can afford the time off then do it. Once you have a career, you won't really be able to take a month off to go to Europe or anywhere else.

That sounds awesome, I am going to look into that. Traveling is quite fun, I went to Jamaica a few months ago for my senior trip which was absolutely amazing. There is literally no drinking age there, weed is legal there (which I was not sure about at first) but I didn't buy anything bad because my high school is a christian school. I didn't mind though, it was beautiful down there.

I am hoping to go to tokyo with my friend in a year or so, I found round trip tickets for a little bit more than 1100 dollars. I figure if I get a job to where I make 80 thousand + a year I can pay for the debt I rack up as a kid. Plus, I have 5 g's in my bank account already which would help a lot.
user posted image
Muchas Gracias DJShamrock for the sig. :)

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven. -Deus Ex: The Conspiracy

I'm not killing anyone, I'm just enjoying my second amendment right. -The one and only, your's truly-

When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth. -Dawn of the Dead-

#19 Murdok

Murdok

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 03:39 AM

-

Edited by Murdok, 11 April 2012 - 11:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users