#1 osie

osie

HeadCrab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 11:03 AM

Hi all,

i hav a huge problem,i want to run a dedicated server of hl2dm,i have one css runinng on same machine,i updated css through hldsupdatetool,but when i want to run a hl2dm server i cannot,i copy it from steamapps in steam folder and it seems tht i dont have all files,does someone know where can i download or update hl2dm ded files cause i really need them.And about creating a shortcut of srcds.exe for hl2dm,i make a shortcut and ussualy u must add a line,like for css - hldsupdatetool -command update -game "Counter-Strike Source" -dir c:\srcds,is there such a line for a hl2dm and i need to update hl2dm biggrin.gif,anyone help?yes and i almost forgot do anyone maybe kno how to make a css 66 tick rate server instead 33? i added command line into shortcut like this
-console -ticrate 66 -game cstrike +ip youripaddress +maxplayers 10 +map de_dust,but in the game still saying server tickrate 33,if anyone help ty biggrin.gif

soz admin if i posted in wrong forum section,i'm here for 1st time

Edited by osie, 29 January 2006 - 11:07 AM.

#2 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:18 PM

first, check your port settings and make sure youve got the ports you need open.

if thats not it, in the steam tools or games list, right click on "dedicated server" and select "verify game cache". (if it's not in the immediate right click menu, its under "properties".)

for the tickrate, maybe you should try "-sv_tickrate 66"

as for the rest, i have no idea whatsoever what youre talking about. maybe the source wiki (http://developer.val...m/wiki/SDK_Docs) can help

Edited by chuckybob, 29 January 2006 - 12:20 PM.

QUOTE(polyguns @ Dec 19 2005, 08:47 PM)
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

QUOTE(DJShamrock @ Jun 13 2006, 01:57 AM)
I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

QUOTE(magebomb @ Oct 18 2006, 06:30 PM)
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#3 Coyote

Coyote

The Boy From Oz

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:35 PM

DELETE THE CLIENT REGISRTY BLOB!!!

Ok I admit it I have no idea what Im talking about
user posted image

#4 SewerCow

SewerCow

The gayest straight man ever

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE(Coyote @ Jan 29 2006, 07:35 AM)
DELETE THE CLIENT REGISRTY BLOB!!!

Ok I admit it I have no idea what Im talking about

AHAHAH you fooled me.
user posted image
Muchas Gracias DJShamrock for the sig. :)

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven. -Deus Ex: The Conspiracy

I'm not killing anyone, I'm just enjoying my second amendment right. -The one and only, your's truly-

When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth. -Dawn of the Dead-

#5 osie

osie

HeadCrab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:03 PM

-sv_tickrate 66 didnt worked any more ideas?

#6 osie

osie

HeadCrab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:18 PM

ok problem solved, -tickrate 66 works,ty ppl

#7 osie

osie

HeadCrab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:00 PM

anyone maybe knows how do i change ports if i have dedicated server without steam ,which file do i need 2 edit?

#8 mathieumg

mathieumg

Citadel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 10:46 PM

-port 27016 for example, if I am not mistaken
user posted image

#9 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 11:54 PM

-port 27016? your best hope is asking on some steam forums, cause were all dedicated server noobs here.
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#10 mathieumg

mathieumg

Citadel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE(chuckybob @ Jan 30 2006, 11:54 PM)
were all dedicated server noobs here.

I'm not tongue.gif
user posted image

#11 Brent

Brent

Freeman's Owner

• ^GCN Admins
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:27 PM

im not either
Ya, rly.

#12 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:43 AM

then help the brutha out

#13 Brent

Brent

Freeman's Owner

• ^GCN Admins
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 06:06 AM

he's already helped with the -port [port_number] tip from the french guy.
Ya, rly.

#14 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 06:43 AM

whoah, he somehow went back in time and posted before me tongue.gif

#15 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Scientist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 03:03 AM

*X-Files theme*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users