19 replies to this topic

#1 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 03:57 AM

I just wanted to get some input from you guys. As you know I aquired this site from S-Man in a very quick and sudden turnover. But the one thing I didn't get to do was ask any of you if you felt confident with me taking over. Yeah, I visit here daily, but all you guys do. If you didn't I sure as shit wouldn't come here. I could've just be one of them insecure bloggers hoping for affection from a stranger.

But, I love coming here, cause all us guys can kick it whenever we wish. And hosetly, right now this is more of a community than a game community. I mean we all love games. Yeah, games. But I love watching TV more than gaming but I ain't on the FOX website. What was I saying? Oh yeah. Games are fun but friendship is more important. I just wanted to say this to the vets and the Sewercow before we go and open the floodgates (so to speak) and a bunch of new members start signing up that without you guys, ya know. I promised I wasn't gonna cry (sniff).

I just wanted to know if you support what I want to do. And the desicions I have made. There are still a few more surprises up my sleeve. I am going full-time with this site starting May, 31. 8 Hours a day, 40 hours a week. I'm going to be relentless in my attempts at making this place your little secret internet funzone. Example: Imagine Shammy doing an SSOTD, but fulltime, everyday. No I'm not talking shit. I am going to do my best. I always have at everything I do. Because I give a shit.

Love,
DJ Shamrock
Owner GCN

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#2 SewerCow

SewerCow

The gayest straight man ever

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 04:02 AM

Hey man, I respect all you do, right or wrong. S-man handed this down to you because he knew you were capable and the right person for this sort of thing. I sure am glad he handed it to you, you are on at least once a day, so that's comforting to know that you care. I am behind you all the way buddy.
user posted image
Muchas Gracias DJShamrock for the sig. :)

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven. -Deus Ex: The Conspiracy

I'm not killing anyone, I'm just enjoying my second amendment right. -The one and only, your's truly-

When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth. -Dawn of the Dead-

#3 Jon

Jon

Freeman Himself

• GTC Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:16 AM

I think I speak for all of the staff when I say that we're behind you 100%. Although I don't think many of us (if any) will manage 8 hours a day.

#4 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:07 AM

HAHA! I don't expect any of you staff guys to go all out like that. Jeez. I am a one man band. Whatever time I put in here is my time. I have fun doing this. If I didn't like it I wouldn't do it. I have a couple of business propositions coming up and all of them include graphic design, freelance, from home. So I will be working out of my house. The plus side is more time here on the forum and more money than I was making at my job. The negative side is, no health insurance. wacko.gif

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#5 SewerCow

SewerCow

• Senior Members
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 01:51 PM

Well no health insurance, well watch your step and don't fall and hurt yourself at home is all I can say heh. That is good that you are getting a job, especially out of home, that would be so cool, working in a lazyboy sippin coke.
user posted image

I'm not killing anyone, I'm just enjoying my second amendment right. -The one and only, your's truly-

When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth. -Dawn of the Dead-

#6 nimbus1951

nimbus1951

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE(JonChappell @ May 22 2005, 07:16 AM)
I think I speak for all of the staff when I say that we're behind you 100%. Although I don't think many of us (if any) will manage 8 hours a day.

You do speak for all of us.
Full support and foncidence in you up front.
user posted image
nim·bus, n. pl. nim·bi (-B) or nim·bus·es
1) A cloudy radiance said to surround a classical deity when on earth.
2) A radiant light that appears usually in the form of a circle or halo about or over the head in the representation of a god, demigod, saint, or sacred person such as a king or an emperor.
3) A splendid atmosphere or aura, as of glamour, that surrounds a person or thing.
4) Also a Danish built motorcycle.

#7 Brent

Brent

Freeman's Owner

• ^GCN Admins
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:39 PM

you suck quite honestly
Ya, rly.

#8 SewerCow

SewerCow

• Senior Members
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:23 PM

AHAHAHAH I love it nerd.
user posted image

#9 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• [On thin ice] Stupid Prisoner People
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 10:12 PM

you have the comittment and put in the work, its already alot more fun. Its more open, and you don't always have to watch where you step, its humerous, and im sureyou'll do fine wonce the site is open

biggest thing is you have graphical skills to actually help with the build, and you got good graphical skills which means that you don't always have to wait for others to do work, you can do it yourself. biggrin.gif

good job so far, jsut get the site open, and ill advertise it in my sigs across the universe
user posted image

#10 Maxx

Maxx

Lord Kramer

• GCN Staff
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 02:57 PM

despite your apparent illiteracy (brutalaly?) i think you are doing a great job!
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Mutamba Studios PUNCHES YOU IN THE FACE!!

#11 nimbus1951

nimbus1951

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:57 PM

Man are we a bunch of suckups laugh.gif
With the exception of Nerd... hehehe... may your soul burn forever nerd biggrin.gif
user posted image
nim·bus, n. pl. nim·bi (-B) or nim·bus·es
1) A cloudy radiance said to surround a classical deity when on earth.
2) A radiant light that appears usually in the form of a circle or halo about or over the head in the representation of a god, demigod, saint, or sacred person such as a king or an emperor.
3) A splendid atmosphere or aura, as of glamour, that surrounds a person or thing.
4) Also a Danish built motorcycle.

#12 magnetmannen

magnetmannen

• [Colossus]> Colossus Staff
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:28 PM

go dood, kick ass! smile.gif
user posted image
"He who trades liberty for security deserves neither and will lose both."
- Thomas Jefferson

#13 Murdok

Murdok

• Senior Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 01:36 AM

I like it. The new look, the atmosphere, reflects a much more laid-back attitude.

Doing good Shammy!

#14 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• [On thin ice] Stupid Prisoner People
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:47 PM

fist thing you need to do is kick start that aussie to get the site design done. hey at least i didn't say suck start.
user posted image

#15 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:58 PM

Coyote is on it. But there are a few technical difficulties being worked out in the mean time. So please be patient. rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users