Ya, rly.

#2 Brent

Brent

Freeman's Owner

• ^GCN Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 07:51 AM

Colors yeah im just playing but as for the day by day design of it, thats staying. There is going to be more stuff as well...
Ya, rly.

#3 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 11:44 AM

i luv it.

Edited by chuckybob, 01 October 2005 - 11:44 AM.

QUOTE(polyguns @ Dec 19 2005, 08:47 PM)
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

QUOTE(DJShamrock @ Jun 13 2006, 01:57 AM)
I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

QUOTE(magebomb @ Oct 18 2006, 06:30 PM)
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#4 Darkside

Darkside

omg hl2 = teh delayed

• GCN Staff
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 03:17 PM

IT would be better if it only showed a snippet of the news post, then you could click something to expand it. Less clutter.

#5 Brent

Brent

Freeman's Owner

• ^GCN Admins
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 06:01 PM

But the problem that comes in at that point, is if for instance in that post that is shortened, there is something quoted.

If I cut it off in the middle of that quote, everything past that will be indented.

The only feasible solution would to be cut all html from the content of the post, but that would be ugly...
Ya, rly.

#6 Darkside

Darkside

omg hl2 = teh delayed

• GCN Staff
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 06:54 PM

Hmmm. That particular news post is kind of ugh anyway. We really don't need their whole FAQ quoted on our front page. It should have just been like the frist 1-3 questions then a link to their site.

#7 Brent

Brent

Freeman's Owner

• ^GCN Admins
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 10:21 PM

yea blame shamrock tongue.gif
Ya, rly.

#8 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 11:36 PM

I love it man, but the dates are at the top? On top of each other?

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#9 Brent

Brent

Freeman's Owner

• ^GCN Admins
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 11:42 PM

oh those are just days without news, havent done anything about removing those yet
Ya, rly.

#10 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 12:39 AM

It's much easier to read. BTW I am going to be doing web design for this new job if I get it. Using Frontpage. I have no idea how to do anything using that. But they said it's easy and I can figure it out. Any tutorials or hints anyone has are appreciated..

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#11 Brent

Brent

Freeman's Owner

• ^GCN Admins
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 01:19 AM

eww frontpage, ask if they have microsoft's publisher, thats a nice program for designers to do websites.
Ya, rly.

#12 julieannefiu

julieannefiu

Citadel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 01:27 AM

I like it. Very techy. Is that a word? Techy? Teckie? Either way, it's sweet. I'd say it's hot, but then I'd sound like Paris Hilton and she's a skank.
user posted image

Shammy's the man, thanks for the sig.

Panthers kick (themselves in the) ass

#13 mathieumg

mathieumg

Citadel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 01:53 AM

Hehe nice tongue.gif

For the quote problem you could exclude them or reclose the quote tag if it was cut in the middle (you can determine that with regular expressions of course)
user posted image

#14 Dr. _B.

Dr. _B.

Freeman's Owner

• GCN Staff
  • 6,741 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 03:25 AM

Lookie lookie I'm quoting
I like it. Very techy. Is that a word? Techy? Teckie? Either way, it's sweet. I'd say it's hot, but then I'd sound like Paris Hilton and she's a skank.

Paris just dumped Paris. You heard it here.
user posted image

- What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?
- Life is like a sofa -- change comes from within.
- God loves you. He's just an abusive lover.
- Sometimes whatever doesn't kill you...can really piss you off for a heluva long time!
- Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

#15 Darkside

Darkside

omg hl2 = teh delayed

• GCN Staff
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 04:15 AM

Shammy, frontpage sucks ass. It's really simple, but it's really not good for anything either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users