Photo

What shall we do with the Forums?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Read Post, then vote...

Read Post, then vote...

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Brent

Brent

Freeman's Owner

• ^GCN Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:35 AM

I'm not sure what to do here, we have to keep GCN around just for future use and the small profit stream it generates to help support TCR.

If we leave two forums open: Will you quit and go to the coffee room, end up staying at GCN, or browse both occasionally taking away from the glory of TCR?

The two sites are drastically different, GCN is gaming info, while TCR is basically an open face website. I think GCN needs forums, but I'm not sure how to distinguish between gaming discussion on TCR and GCN.
Ya, rly.

#2 Brent

Brent

Freeman's Owner

• ^GCN Admins
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 02:29 AM

P.S. Latest Forum Posts works again on the sites smile.gif
Ya, rly.

#3 Jon

Jon

Freeman Himself

• GTC Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 04:19 AM

Voted for 3. TCR is by far the most popular forum and I think that GCN's needs can be satisfied by having general forums under TCR. For example, instead of having forums for separate games, let's just bundle them into a Games category and create subcategories in the future if certain games prove to be popular.

P.S. I know we have the HL2C site but HL2 has been out for a while and it's unlikely to dominate discussions.

#4 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE(Jon @ Sep 16 2007, 04:19 AM)
P.S. I know we have the HL2C site but HL2 has been out for a while and it's unlikely to dominate discussions.

qft

i think GCN should be a small subforum in TCR, with maybe a game making subforum under that. scentence confused me a little so diagram

-TCR
--GCN
---Game making

Edited by chuckybob, 16 September 2007 - 04:36 AM.

QUOTE(polyguns @ Dec 19 2005, 08:47 PM)
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

QUOTE(DJShamrock @ Jun 13 2006, 01:57 AM)
I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

QUOTE(magebomb @ Oct 18 2006, 06:30 PM)
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#5 Brent

Brent

Freeman's Owner

• ^GCN Admins
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE(chuckybob @ Sep 16 2007, 12:35 AM)
QUOTE(Jon @ Sep 16 2007, 04:19 AM)

qft

i think GCN should be a small subforum in TCR, with maybe a game making subforum under that. scentence confused me a little so diagram

-TCR
--GCN
---Game making

I was thinking more along the lines of...

TCR -
- The Coffee Room (general discussion)
- Politics
- Gaming

Then saying on GCN, if anyone wants to discuss gaming with people go to TCR's Gaming section. Otherwise they can just comment on the articles and such directly on GCN, which I will add to the site so we can move on with our forums.

On top of that, the latest forum posts will come from the gaming section of TCR thus bringing in even more of GCN's popularity over. Believe it or not we still get thousands of unique people a month here thanks to search engines.
Ya, rly.

#6 BLACK^WOLF

BLACK^WOLF

██▓▓▒▒░░

• Senior Members
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:29 AM

i like having the history of these forums, keeping the years of posts and such

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users