17 replies to this topic

#1 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• [On thin ice] Stupid Prisoner People
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 01:19 AM

Darkside expressed some imterest in how GCN is no longer a game site anymore, and hes dead ass right.
I am in large part to blame for this since im such an open target when anyone wants to fight, they know im in it. So from here on out, i'll quit poisting in the politial forum. My last challenge was http://www.google.co...:en-US:official

and im gonna have to rely on shammy to provide that proof since obviously i couldn't find shit.

From here on out im gonna try my best to spend my polytickin time writing articles, reviews, or something significant to do with gaming, and i encourage you to do the rest. This is Game Central Network. If your not here for games, your not here for the right reason, and I want to be here for the right reason.

So long Dick Cheney, i will miss you do, and bye Dr. B, And julie, Im not worried about you cause I know a few games we can play wink.gif

Im saving all my argumentative ammunition for Crysis, cause i'll need it!
user posted image

#2 Darkside

Darkside

omg hl2 = teh delayed

• GCN Staff
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 01:23 AM

If any of you are wondering why we don't get new members, well I think I know one of the main reasons. It's that god damn politics forum. This is a GAMING site, not a POLITICS site. People want to talk on the forums about games not about politics. To be perfetly frank, I think a good deal of gamers couldn't give a shit about half the politics crap you guys talk about.

I don't have anything against anyone here, and I try not to judge, but it's so damn annoying when I click onto GCN and see nothing but politics or random off topic. I really don't want to see this place go under. I've been around here since practically the beginning, and this is the first forum I ever joined. I've been trying to post game news and info when I can, but I'm by no means an excellent news poster and I just don't have the time to go out looking for news.

#3 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 01:31 AM

ill take your resignation's close proximity to my last post as a sign of defeat, poly biggrin.gif

aaanyhoo, i really dont think that the political forums are turning away potential members. i cant remember the last time a new member posted in the politics forums, i dont even think it's happened before. this site is called "game central network" for a reason, but its really hard to generate content solely about games that will take up 50 or so forums, especially when its only done by 10-15 people. the only thing that keeps larger game site's forums going is people who dont read the previous posts and post "this game looks so fucking sweet!" right after the other 500 identical posts. that and the trolls.

anyway, i wub these forums, and i wub the political forums, and even though they dont fit into the overall scheme of videogames, neither do the other most active forums on the board, and i dont think taking them away is going to help anything as far as activity, and certainly as far as moderation goes.

Edited by chuckybob, 15 November 2005 - 01:32 AM.

QUOTE(polyguns @ Dec 19 2005, 08:47 PM)
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

QUOTE(DJShamrock @ Jun 13 2006, 01:57 AM)
I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

QUOTE(magebomb @ Oct 18 2006, 06:30 PM)
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#4 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• 4,257 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 01:38 AM

I don't think our posts are driving people away, i think our attention to it is keeping us from making the game aspect the best we can make it
user posted image

#5 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 01:43 AM

If you don't like the politcs, don't read them Darkside. It's not the the A-Team liar was so much more entriguing. The forums are what you make them. If you look at the gaming news, guess what, 80% of it was posted by me. You want to talk games then make more gaming related posts. If you wanna talk music or anything else post it.

In case you hadn't noticed, I am a pretty easy going owner. Even after Poly has called me a retard, idiot and dissed my dad, I didn't ban him, and I wouldn't. Because I don't let my personal feelings get in the way of doing what is right. And what is right is everyone has the right to their own opinions. And everyone has a right to disagree. That's how we grow. To learn from each other. And even though I am paying for this website out of my own pocket, I feel like it belongs to everyone. It's a community run site. So if the site fails, it's everyones fault. I do everything I can, but I am one man.

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#6 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• 4,257 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 01:51 AM

well, i am already working on some interviews with some mods with exlusive content to post. this is great cause when we get interviews like that, people will link to us, and bring in more people. If we can get the traffi up, ads will pay for the site.

Sorry to diss on your dad, but i was tired of being dissed on first, and i was called an idiot and a retard first. I don't like making points that way, but it sure felt good biggrin.gif
user posted image

#7 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 02:02 AM

I called you an idiot, but apoligized immediately (1 post) after. Unless you think I am lying, which I have no reason too. You wanna squash it, it's squashed.

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#8 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE(polyguns @ Nov 14 2005, 09:19 PM)
Darkside expressed some imterest in how GCN is no longer a game site anymore, and hes dead ass right.
I am in large part to blame for this since im such an open target when anyone wants to fight, they know im in it. So from here on out, i'll quit poisting in the politial forum. My last challenge was  http://www.google.co...:en-US:official

and im gonna have to rely on shammy to provide that proof since obviously i couldn't find shit.

From here on out im gonna try my best to spend my polytickin time  writing articles, reviews, or something significant to do with gaming, and i encourage you to do the rest. This is Game Central Network. If your not here for games, your not here for the right reason, and I want to be here for the right reason.

So long Dick Cheney, i will miss you do, and bye Dr. B, And julie, Im not worried about you cause I know a few games we can play wink.gif

Im saving all my argumentative ammunition for Crysis, cause i'll need it!

Oh I forgot to tell you I found shit.
Title.

White House declines to totally rule out torture

http://news.yahoo.co...re_051113232322

WASHINGTON (AFP) - In an important clarification of
President George W. Bush's earlier statement, a top White House official refused to unequivocally rule out the use of torture, arguing the US administration was duty-bound to protect Americans from terrorist attack.

rofl

#9 Brent

Brent

Freeman's Owner

• ^GCN Admins
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:34 AM

heh a few days ago I was about ready to close the entire politics forum.
Ya, rly.

#10 Coyote

Coyote

The Boy From Oz

• GCN Staff
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:40 AM

DS you allready know my feelings towards this subject.
user posted image

#11 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 04:01 AM

Close the forum? Why because it's not interesting to you? At least its generating some activity. I would really prefer you don't close any topics that you are not involved in unless it's to protect the site from spammers. It's not hurting you. If you are not interested than don't read it. But who knows maybe you will learn something if you do.

#12 Brent

Brent

Freeman's Owner

• ^GCN Admins
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 04:34 AM

activity. sure it generates activity, but it distracts people from what the forums are and politics are to me yes very boring after the first week the topic is open. the only topics I closed were those that nobody was talking about (progressed into another topic)
Ya, rly.

#13 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• 4,257 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 05:04 AM

politics is such a stupid thing for everyone to get all wriled up about. I want to see people fighting over "you fucking n00b i pwnt you on da serv0rz biatch"

Lets get on the games now, cause i just got off coyotes mom.

yea boy i see you watching this thread wink.gif
user posted image

#14 Coyote

Coyote

The Boy From Oz

• GCN Staff
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE(polyguns @ Nov 15 2005, 04:04 PM)
politics is such a stupid thing for everyone to get all wriled up about. I want to see people fighting over "you fucking n00b i pwnt you on da serv0rz biatch"

Lets get on the games now, cause i just got off coyotes mom.

yea boy i see you watching this thread wink.gif

lol I was away from my computer thats why I was prolly on this thread for like 2 hours
user posted image

#15 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• 4,257 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE(DJShamrock @ Nov 15 2005, 02:02 AM)
I called you an idiot, but apoligized immediately (1 post) after. Unless you think I am lying, which I have no reason too. You wanna squash it, it's squashed.

that time, but you forgot about the others younever apoligized for

QUOTE(DJShamrock @ Oct 18 2005, 10:03 PM)
POLY IS A RETARD OBVIOUSLY. you don't rehearse an interview idiot. Whe the interviewed Michale Jackson he didn't "rehearse", when they interviewed Saddam he didn't rehearse. When you have a job interview you don't rehearse. The point of a live video is to get actual reactions from people to see how they really feel. Now nobody is going to trust this president. I wonder if when they interviewed all them Katrina victims? No they didn't, you idiot. I can't believe how barrow minded your views on politics are.

If the troops knew the questions and answers then what's the point of going on TV at all. They could email the president the answers. They tried to make it look like is wasn't staged. And for the millionth time, THEY SAID IT WASN'T STAGED EVEN AFTER THEY GOT BUSTED!  You want video i got video to prove it.

In fact, they even said to that NY lady before the interview, "When the president asks you if you've met in NY before, take a deep breath before you answer or else it will throw off his timing." And that quesion was delibertatly to look spontaneous. And the per son who answered wasn't even a soldier.

Oh and this slays me right here...
i can say propoganda, and if bush wasn't using propoganda to win a war, including lying, then he is neglecting his job and as president.

So lying to the American people over something like this is o.k.? Lying about W.M.D.s is o.k., oh yeah and Condi pretty much admitted they lied in that article I posted, that you obviously didn't read.

Dude, I give up arguing with you. My cat has more sence than you. I can teach my cat the difference from right and wrong, but you seem to be clueless.

thats why i was so pissed about it, you had done it more then once. me and my barrow mind are just gonna focus on da games now though wink.gif
user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users