38 replies to this topic

#1 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:12 AM

Been playing my ass off lately. I absolutely love this game. The more I play it, the more I want to play it. That's what makes a great game. If you are playing, hit me up. I'm "Sir Shamrock." This game is beautiful.

Clicky for some screenshots I took.
http://premium1.uplo...rock//gw003.jpg
http://premium1.uplo...rock//gw001.jpg

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#2 Brent

Brent

Freeman's Owner

• ^GCN Admins
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 02:13 AM

but what is it? I know nothing about that game.
Ya, rly.

#3 SewerCow

SewerCow

The gayest straight man ever

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:52 AM

Shammy I can see your char buttcheeks heehee....why am I looking there you might ask? Hey nerd, GW is an MMO, kinda like EQ, and WOW. The awesome thing about Guild Wars is that there is no monthly charge. Once I get bored with EQ I will buy Guild Wars.
user posted image
Muchas Gracias DJShamrock for the sig. :)

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven. -Deus Ex: The Conspiracy

I'm not killing anyone, I'm just enjoying my second amendment right. -The one and only, your's truly-

When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth. -Dawn of the Dead-

#4 Hobbes

Hobbes

• HL2C Staff
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE(The PC Nerd @ Jun 29 2005, 09:13 PM)
but what is it? I know nothing about that game.

Me either. It looks cool, this is a MMORPG right?

Edit: Ah... no monthly charge eh?

Edited by Hobbes, 30 June 2005 - 03:53 AM.

"I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours." Hunter S. Thompson
"During that Persian Gulf War, I was sitting in my living room, naked, with a can of Budweiser and a three inch stake watching the war, live, on TV. I had a six foot erection with a giant cheese burger on the end of it. I ate so much meat during the war that by the time the war was over three weeks later, I was like, "No no no. We need to keep fighting. Make a couple of stops on our way home from the Persian Gulf. First stop! Vietnam! Surprise the fuck out of those people, huh?"" Denis Leary

#5 Brent

Brent

Freeman's Owner

• ^GCN Admins
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:10 AM

yea but waht is it about, i know its an mmorpgomfqqq!!@212
Ya, rly.

#6 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:15 AM

It's about 4 hours of my life a day. Heh, but seriously. If you never played WOW or EQ this is the game for you. The graphics are sick, the lag is non-existant, and when you meet up with a few good players and go on a mission it's classic. Pure fun. Great game. I love it. You build your character, whether a monk, warrior, ranger etc. You can trade stuff you find for better stuff like armour and weapons. A year ago or so I played the free beta. I knew this game was great back then. Now, I'm hooked. A must buy game for a well rounded gamer.

I just hope I don't go insane playing it like Dave Chappel. Gamespot is reporting that Dave Chappelle is (was?) an avid WoW fan, having talked up the game on several occasions. The latest speculation is that he's hiding in South Africa trying to finally reach level 60.
http://www.gamespot....ws&subj=6128319

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#7 SewerCow

SewerCow

The gayest straight man ever

• Senior Members
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:50 PM

Dave chappel, what a character, he is MY god, and one of few black people I like.
user posted image
Muchas Gracias DJShamrock for the sig. :)

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven. -Deus Ex: The Conspiracy

I'm not killing anyone, I'm just enjoying my second amendment right. -The one and only, your's truly-

When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth. -Dawn of the Dead-

#8 Raven

Raven

Gunship

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 09:32 PM

Thats lame hiding in Africa to reach lvl 60, when i was a WoW GM i pranced around with a lvl 250 tauren in my mount giving gold, back to GW, its waaay better than WoW and dont gimme the talk that once u finish its boring cuz expansions will come out, the game is updated often and theres always quests and more quests for u to do.

i got uber chars and equip, pm me for my IGN if u need help or guild invite
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

#9 Maxx

Maxx

Lord Kramer

• GCN Staff
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 09:33 PM

my bro plays Guild Wars a lot, along with EQ2. he really likes Guild Wars, he says its great. ive watched him play it a lot, it looks really cool.
the graphics could be a bit nicer, some more detail, but the gameplay looks awesome.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Mutamba Studios PUNCHES YOU IN THE FACE!!

#10 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 11:11 PM

I thought the graphics were amazing. Way better than WoW for sure.

#11 Maxx

Maxx

Lord Kramer

• GCN Staff
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 12:57 AM

well yeah, fucking WoW is on the WC3 engine. that is gross.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Mutamba Studios PUNCHES YOU IN THE FACE!!

#12 Raven

Raven

Gunship

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 12:00 PM

I hated WoW , and i think GW graphics are pretty good, of course not like EQ2's ultra mode that is design for next gen hardware

#13 Marfere

Marfere

Ant Lion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 01:40 PM

Guild Wars is just like any other MMORPG out there...But a little better! Nice graphs, wonderful controls, fun quests and full of nice GW Gamers smile.gif

Before I bought the game I was really sceptic 'bout it 'couse a few people said it was laggy and filled with bugs. Now that I've bought it and played it for 2 months I can happily say that I've never encountered a single bug! Not even the smallest! And the only lag I've encountered was when I downloaded as I was playing smile.gif .

A nice game well worth the money! biggrin.gif

#14 magnetmannen

magnetmannen

• [Colossus]> Colossus Staff
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 01:48 PM

i play gw too. actually i played through it, i must have spent atleast 50 hours in doing so, so it was definately worth the money. but now that i played through it im not sure what to do? there are a few things like underworld, that i havent tryed, cos norway is in europa, and we never have the favour of the gods sad.gif .

guess i will try a new character build.

and the expansion level is coming soon, that will be fun to try out.

the coolest part about the game is that it dont require a superhypermodern pc to run, i played it first on a loaner pc, that was 1 gig, 300meg ram, and a mx400 screencard, the game still ran well in 1024, wich is amasing for a new game.
user posted image
"He who trades liberty for security deserves neither and will lose both."
- Thomas Jefferson

#15 Raven

Raven

Gunship

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 03:17 PM

Ah m8 u shouldnt have registered in European servers, i live in Portugal and registered on American servers cuz they have favor alot more often, then when i need to get superior runes i ask a friend to buy them cheaper in europe and trade withme

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users