Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 10:51 PM

user posted image
more
http://www.actiontri...es/crysis.phtml

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#2 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 11:50 PM

SPOOGE.

the shot of the planes on the aircraft carier is sooooo awesome

this one looks like ass though
http://www.actiontri...t=f&pic=crysis1
QUOTE(polyguns @ Dec 19 2005, 08:47 PM)
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

QUOTE(DJShamrock @ Jun 13 2006, 01:57 AM)
I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

QUOTE(magebomb @ Oct 18 2006, 06:30 PM)
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#3 magnetmannen

magnetmannen

• [Colossus]> Colossus Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 10:36 AM

yeah it looks great, apparently it will use the physx card as physics solver for the game.
user posted image
"He who trades liberty for security deserves neither and will lose both."
- Thomas Jefferson

#4 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• [On thin ice] Stupid Prisoner People
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 06:32 PM

im amazed, it even looked better then 2007 screens. that asian dudes face, omg its cool, and its not even the closeups they have of it.

i can't wait
user posted image

#5 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 06:36 PM

i feel like being an ass here, so im going to post one of those god forsaken "actual cost" lists.

Cost of Crysis

The game: $50-60

Actual cost of crisis:

Windows Vista $200
PhysX Card: $400 (200 pounds)

Subtotal if you have a computer that can actually run it: $650-$660

Cost of a rig that can run it on minimum specs: $300-750

Total cost if your computer sucks balls: $900-1410

crysoft are starting to look like over-eager marketing retards.

Edited by chuckybob, 20 April 2006 - 06:37 PM.

lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#6 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• 4,257 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE(chuckybob @ Apr 20 2006, 06:36 PM)
i feel like being an ass here, so im going to post one of those god forsaken "actual cost" lists.

Cost of Crysis

Actual cost of crisis:

Windows Vista $200
PhysX Card: $400 (200 pounds)

Subtotal if you have a computer that can actually run it: $650-$660

Cost of a rig that can run it on minimum specs: $300-750

Total cost if your computer sucks balls: $900-1410

crysoft are starting to look like over-eager marketing retards.

having the most awsome looking ingame screenshots in the history of the world?

PRICELESS

thatone shammeh posted is my desktop now
user posted image

#7 Coyote

Coyote

The Boy From Oz

• GCN Staff
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 09:18 PM

I dunno Poly, those screens look great, but the latest screens of the UT engine look pretty good.
user posted image
And thats a MMO, no MMO has come even close to that. Imagine what they could do with a single player game.
user posted image

#8 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 09:51 PM

Is that Huxley?

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#9 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• 4,257 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 01:55 AM

its the crysis lighting that looks so real. i never thought i would say this but that looks alot like a cartoon tongue.gif
user posted image

#10 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 02:07 AM

ahh, i see it all so clearly now...

when half-life 2 looks realistic, its "cheap photo-texture hacks"

and when farcry looks cartoony, its "a brilliant artistic effect"

but when crysis looks realistic and huxley looks cartoony, huxley is just "cartoony" by comparison

if you deny that youre a fanboy, youre a liar too.

#11 Coyote

Coyote

The Boy From Oz

• GCN Staff
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 02:33 AM

LMAO Poly, Chucky has a point, theres no getting around it, your a fanboy but we've all known that ages now.
user posted image

#12 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• 4,257 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 03:16 AM

hahaha, dumbasses, thats why i fucking said it. thats why i said "i never thought i would say this but that looks alot like a cartoon "

now, reread again kids "i never thought i would say this"

I was pointing out the irony of it all damnitt. then you try to call me a fanboi and a liar?

yea, those people making that game are very comic oriented in there character style. theres nothing wrong with that. and engine is an engine, you can use it for whatever look you want to as long as it has the capabilities. hl2 had no graphical advantage over farcry, if it did, name it and educate me.

as far as i know, crysis has none over u3, but the screenshots look so much more impressive . maybe its cause the environments in ut are so fantastic (fantasy oriented) and in crysis, its more realistic

user posted image

#13 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• 4,257 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 03:19 AM

also, the days of phototextures carrying a games graphics are over. now its all abou details, and atmosphere. im not keep on dof, but it looks awsome.

unlike source and cryengine though, unreal 3 will be licensed more then a few token times. crysis has all the farcry games out that i know of, about 4, and i think that source has been licensed 3, maybe 4 times. unreal will have at least 30 games i bet. they always make the best engines
user posted image

#14 Coyote

Coyote

The Boy From Oz

• GCN Staff
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE(polyguns @ Apr 21 2006, 02:16 PM)
hahaha, dumbasses, thats why i fucking said it. thats why i said "i never thought i would say this but that looks alot like a cartoon  "

now, reread again kids "i never thought i would say this"

I was pointing out the irony of it all damnitt. then you try to call me a fanboi and a liar?

yea, those people making that game are very comic oriented in there character style. theres nothing wrong with that. and engine is an engine, you can use it for whatever look you want to as long as it has the capabilities. hl2 had no graphical advantage over farcry, if it did, name it and educate me.

as far as i know, crysis has none over u3, but the screenshots look so much more impressive . maybe its cause the environments in ut are so fantastic (fantasy oriented) and in crysis, its more realistic

Saying that acknowledges you know FC looked cartoony and you defended it then, but now Huxley looks cartoony and thatís what makes it look worse. That makes you a fanboy, I donít see what you are tying to say poly.
user posted image

#15 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• 4,257 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 04:28 AM

did i say it looked worse?

assumption makes an ass out of you at least .

go kill a kanga
user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users