• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 05:13 AM

QUOTE(polyguns @ Apr 21 2006, 03:28 PM)
did i say it looked worse?

As a matter of fact you did:

"but the screenshots look so much more impressive"

assumption makes an ass out of you at least .

Ooops I guess I shouldn't assume when you say the graphics of one engine are "more impressive" The other engine must look less impressive then, silly me.

Poly, you're a fanboy just accept it.

user posted image

#17 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• [On thin ice] Stupid Prisoner People
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 07:33 AM

but the screenshots look so much more impressive"---me

yea, the screenshots are alot more impressive, graphics capabilities, its very hard to tell.

look at them, they are completly different. different in style etc. a screenshot has composition, featured effects, etc. crysis screens have people moving through the woods with a tank, hdri, nice composition etc.

huxly is just a buncha people standing in the grass.

can't say for sure that the graphics are better, but the screenshots look better

"Ooops I guess I shouldn't assume when you say the graphics of one engine are "more impressive" The other engine must look less impressive then, silly me. " you

me: but the screenshots look so much more impressive

ill never diss on u3, its an awsome engine, and the features are outstanding as far as game development goes. visual shader creation etc, will be the most rhobust game dev engine ever.

but, the crysis screenshots are more impressive. not saying that you can't get even more impressive screens from u3, but ive yet to see them.

graphics though, im sure both are ableto create about the same thing.

user posted image

#18 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 06:16 PM

I have learned that screenshots never really do a game justice. You need to actually play it to see how good it looks. I think the movies, for Crysis looks waaaaaay better than anything else I have seen to date though. Better then UE3. But, UE3 isn't even DX10 so you got to give props to Epic.

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#19 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• [On thin ice] Stupid Prisoner People
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 01:51 AM

ill always give props to epic, more games have been made on their engines then any other engine in history. they are artistic geniuses too
user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users