78 replies to this topic

#16 DrunkenRussian

DrunkenRussian

HeadCrab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 10:03 PM

it would be nice to know if air resistance is accounted for. I certainly doubt it, because that would be way, way too complicated. There's just no way they can calculate air turbulence that an object would create and the resistance that would cause. But hey, ask them anyway smile.gif

I was also wondering about enemy AI and difficulty of the game.

Does the game adjust difficulty based on how a player is performing or will there be a standard Easy/Med/Hard modes?

If its easy/med/hard, then how would gameplay differ? Health cap, better AI, better AI aim, less ammo, etc?

How is AI aiming done? I don't know much about these things, but it would be very interesting to hear Gabe talk about AI aiming.

#17 Priest

Priest

Zombie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 11:10 PM

if you can't tell us about the actual aspects of the mp game, can you please relate how well it's coded? big maps = more people = potentially more lag.

#18 MrSnuffle

MrSnuffle

Zombie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 03:02 AM

I kinda like to know what influenced him the most in starting the half life series....whether it be artists, other games, books, etc....

#19 TyRaNnY

TyRaNnY

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 03:17 AM

Where's my demo at????HMMM. I"M GONNA KILL YOU IF I DONT GET MY FIX!!! FIREdevil.gif
"You really get to know a man if you have to watch him die. The moment right before he realizes it's over...that moment that his face reflects every decision he's ever made. In that split second you know what kind of life he lived.....and if he regrets it."

-Sgt. Matt Baker.

user posted image

#20 Spitzel_00

Spitzel_00

Zombie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 03:18 AM

I would like to know how they are going to prevent multiplayer hacking. Plus with the source code being out there, the day HL2 comes out its probably going to be hacked, maybe only a couple of people at first but withthin the first year, I would hate to see another counter-strike epidimic. Mispelled?

#21 TyRaNnY

TyRaNnY

• Senior Members
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 03:27 AM

YA! And i heard that they got rid of bunny hopping. Thank god for that. But i would also like to know what they are planning on doing to keep the STEAM users safe from teh HL2 source code leak = possible hacking of computers.
"You really get to know a man if you have to watch him die. The moment right before he realizes it's over...that moment that his face reflects every decision he's ever made. In that split second you know what kind of life he lived.....and if he regrets it."

-Sgt. Matt Baker.

user posted image

#22 Brad

Brad

Hydra (lol)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 05:56 AM

Steam was never safe in the first place.
Smiting the forums since 1979

#23 Mephisto

Mephisto

Combine Soldier

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 01:53 PM

Ask them about player movement in half life 2, I really hope they're going to keep it half life 1 style.
For alot of new games lately it's become popular that when you jump you get "tired" and slow down for a little while, or like in BF where you really see that you land.

I hope they dont implement any of this for half life 2. It's just not the way I imagine moving for half life. I also hope that strafe-jumping is still possible (even though bunny hopping might not be, I just liked the strafe hopping)

Edited by Mephisto, 03 October 2003 - 01:53 PM.

#24 magebomb

magebomb

Gabe Newell

• Senior Members
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (Mephisto @ Oct 3 2003, 06:53 AM)
Ask them about player movement in half life 2, I really hope they're going to keep it half life 1 style.

this has been confirmed.
NOTE: if this post was crap, it's because you all have not been exciting enough lately, and well...someone has to be. stfu about crap not being exciting.

#25 Coyote

Coyote

The Boy From Oz

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 02:09 PM

1) Ask him if there is any complex Player (in multiplayer) or enemy damage models in the game e.g.: getting shot in the leg gives more damage than getting shot in a hand or foot.

2) Or. If you were to through something in the water that can float and continue to throw non floatable objects on top would it sink? And if so is it possible for the floatable object to eventually wriggle itís way or slip out from underneath the sinking objects and rise back up and continue to float?

user posted image

#26 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Almost at 1000

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 02:12 PM

ask about new movies... and the release date

#27 magebomb

magebomb

Gabe Newell

• Senior Members
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 02:24 PM

ask omq where does magebomb get his exlcusive info? is it possible that you, gabe newell, are magebomb?
NOTE: if this post was crap, it's because you all have not been exciting enough lately, and well...someone has to be. stfu about crap not being exciting.

#28 Duo

Duo

Manhack

• Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 02:26 PM

ask if Gabe hates magebomb as much as I do
user posted image

#29 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Almost at 1000

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (Duo @ Oct 3 2003, 02:26 PM)
ask if Gabe hates magebomb as much as I do

haha... dont every one hate magebomb? blink.gif

J/K

#30 magebomb

magebomb

Gabe Newell

• Senior Members
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 02:31 PM

http://forums.hl2cen...747&hl=magebomb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users