78 replies to this topic

#76 Emon

Emon

Gunship

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 08:54 PM

Wow, that's a really poor estimate. Really poor. I would expect them in the next five to ten years. They're already possible, in real-time, but are too slow to be rendered in mass within a scene.
Clairvoyant, n. A person, commonly a woman, who has the power of seeing that which is invisible to her patron, namely, that he is a blockhead.

#77 Vegeta897

Vegeta897

Ant Lion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 10:29 PM

Well soooorrry I was just saying that you shouldn't expect it in Half-Life 2.
-The sooner you know about an upcoming game, the longer you have to wait for it-

#78 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 11:28 PM

I have a question: Why is this thread still open? Gabe isn't going to tell us anything
until he releases his "statements" and by statements I mean, tell us whatever he thinks needs to be known. If Gabe read this post, do you really think he'd care?
If he cared at all he whould let us know what's going on with the game at least once a month. I think Valve is being irresponcible by not giving us the facts and letting everyone lie, makeup release date stories, and genuinely just post BS.
By everybody spazing over every little news bit and posting every rumor they get, well I hate to say it, but it's just FREE PUBLICITY FOR VALVE! They are using our anxiousnous to their advantage. That's wrong, especially after all that talk about "How much we at Valve loves and respects our HL community."
Valve put up or shut up. How hard is it to even make an official HL2 release once a week, if they cared about us at all.
Love,
Dj Shamrock

user posted image

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#79 Emon

Emon

Gunship

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 11:31 PM

That's why I unpinned it, but I didn't feel the need to close it, until now. Some people don't know how to let threads die on their own.
Clairvoyant, n. A person, commonly a woman, who has the power of seeing that which is invisible to her patron, namely, that he is a blockhead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users