• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 08:59 PM

today gamestop's dates for halflife 2 changed smile.gif
we have still not been sent multiple SKU's, we have 1 at 54.99,

now we've got:

halflife2: december

old date was 2/02/03, because hl was pre-officially delayed [for the second or so time, and posted by magebomb....] on 8-2-03. retailers got dates pulled, so they were set 6 months from that date.

so this means vivendi [in communication with valve] has decided to send out december as the new date.

ill of course post if this changes.

seems to me like the game is going to be finished in november, but steam is going to slow down the release. i mean this in the sense that they get DOS'd all the time, have major bandwidth interviews, said in press releases that theyre scared of steam launch, get hacked, and soforth. so thats my theory, but i wont be surprised to see it out on 11-15.

and im always right when it comes to hl2.

note: cs:cz date is set at 11/03/03. valve said cs:cz will come out first. maybe they're waiting on steam for cs:cz? sadly, theyre still selling cs retail and dont have any reason to rush out cs:cz if they'd like to do a steam launch with it. didnt i read that remedy had finished their job, which is the game development?
NOTE: if this post was crap, it's because you all have not been exciting enough lately, and well...someone has to be. stfu about crap not being exciting.

#2 DvS

DvS

Freeman Himself

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 09:16 PM

But since valve doesn't even tell us wether they have a release date, Vivendi's dates aren't solid either... More or less because they aren't making the damn game.

Uhm, sorry 'bout that... I get cracky when someone revives dead threads.
user posted image
If you take all the world's religions and filter out the
controversies, one fact remains - God needs YOUR money.

#3 Mephisto

Mephisto

Combine Soldier

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 09:22 PM

Eh, do NOT listen to game retailers.
on the first of september I went to my game retailers and asked them when hl2 was due, they said they had gotten phone calls saying it was delayed until next year.
And that was first of september, now all of a sudden some other game retailer is saying it's out in december, it's all m4d I tell j00!

#4 magebomb

magebomb

Gabe Newell

• Senior Members
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (magebomb @ Oct 3 2003, 01:59 PM)

and im always right when it comes to hl2.

ehm.
NOTE: if this post was crap, it's because you all have not been exciting enough lately, and well...someone has to be. stfu about crap not being exciting.

#5 Mephisto

Mephisto

Combine Soldier

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 09:26 PM

Err, someone quoting themselves, that's a new one.
Well, i'm gonna follow up on that one, if you are always right about hl2, then...
Excactly WHAT is the combine? What's going on in the world?
What is city17 and most importantly: Will anybody make a perverted mod where Alyx does naughty things?

#6 DvS

DvS

Freeman Himself

• Senior Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (Mephisto @ Oct 3 2003, 09:26 PM)
Err, someone quoting themselves, that's a new one.

Uhm, take a look at XCENTRIC's sig.

But magebomb, you would earn more votes as governor of california if you stopped being so damn cocky all the time.
user posted image

#7 magebomb

magebomb

Gabe Newell

• Senior Members
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 09:37 PM

well everyone was so cocky about it not being delayed. like im not going to be cocky when my information turns out all the time.

#8 DvS

DvS

Freeman Himself

• Senior Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (magebomb @ Oct 3 2003, 09:37 PM)
well everyone was so cocky about it not being delayed. like im not going to be cocky when my information turns out all the time.

Well, on a certain level, those of us that were, in ways had the rights, valve hadn't said anything.
About you being right all the time, WTF? one thing? and yet you make it sound like everyone else was a fanboy.

Ok, since this is sort of off topic and heading into a flame war, I'll let it rest here.
user posted image

#9 Pinback

Pinback

Citadel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 09:48 PM

Wasn't there a rule about NO HL2 DELAY/DATE THREADS!?

Just wait until Valve says something. You can't trust retailers.

So Magebomb: shut up.
user posted image

#10 Squid

Squid

Zombie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 09:50 PM

i dont care if the game i delayed for 4 more months! it´s just gonna rock even more!!! biggrin.gif
Alla som är svenskar förstår nog det hära :D

#11 magebomb

magebomb

Gabe Newell

• Senior Members
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 10:11 PM

laugh.gif

#12 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 11:20 PM

I think we'll have this game as soon as it's ready. Valve wants us to have it asap. we should have it before xmas if that's what Gabe says. I don't give a shit about the release date anymore, I only want to know when it's going gold. Monday when th3y interview Gabe we might have some idea what's gonna happen. The whole ATI bundle and parties and source leaks are just fluff. I feel good knowing that we'll be rocking HL2 in the near future and that's good enough for me anyway. Magebomb, your fuckin' crazy man. You should go work for planethalflife.

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#13 Mephisto

Mephisto

Combine Soldier

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 11:23 PM

Planethalflife 000000wnz! Also I have some serious doubts we'll be seeing hl2 before christmas, especially now that source is leaked, *sigh*.

#14 Liquid

Liquid

Citadel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 11:23 PM

Didnt they say that they already had some copies of the game made, just not near enough?
user posted image
Rebel Rebel, Bitch Bitch, Rebel Rebel, Party Party, Sex Sex Sex & Don't Forget The Violence.

#15 Mephisto

Mephisto

Combine Soldier

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 11:24 PM

Some copies of the game already made?
Nah then it would have to have gone gold.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users