13 replies to this topic

#1 DJShamrock

DJShamrock

Owner of GCN Network

• ^GCN Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 07:38 AM

I definately want one of them. Just because I friends, and they are dumb. And they can't play PC games. But they can play Xbox.

But I think the PS3 is comming out in May. And the Japs are saying its leetsauce. If I was Sony I would come to my house and show me how much better it was. I dont know if I can wait. I actually touched a 360 today, but I didnt play it. My wifes cousin who's 16 has one. And. He has a hot girlfriend and he lives with his aunt and he gets to have his girlfriend in his bedroom. If I was 16, and I had that option, I wouldn't need a 360.

So 360 or Xbox.

(I am getting a new PC eventually, mines still doing good, but is slowly on the decline)

http://insider.ign.c...6/676645p1.html

console war article

My specs: 2x HIS HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX 512MB GDDR3... CPU AMD|A64 X2 6400 3.2G OC'd to 3.5g dual MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 dual AM2 MEM 1Gx4|Kingston Hyperx... Sound Azuntech Prelude, 2x WD Raptors 10k rpm Raid 0.... Backup 300 gb Maxtor HD nd I think this machine gave me leukemia.user posted image

#2 SewerCow

SewerCow

The gayest straight man ever

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 04:05 PM

PS3, sony has ALWAYS had the best lineup of games. When PS2 came out they had Onimusha, DMC, GTA3, Extermination, and so many more, those games are so cool I am thinking about playing Onimusha and DMC over again.
user posted image
Muchas Gracias DJShamrock for the sig. :)

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven. -Deus Ex: The Conspiracy

I'm not killing anyone, I'm just enjoying my second amendment right. -The one and only, your's truly-

When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth. -Dawn of the Dead-

#3 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Scientist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 06:18 PM

That was quite a bit after launch. When the PS2 came out, the only games were Midnight Club and SSX.

#4 polyguns

polyguns

Freeman's Owner

• [On thin ice] Stupid Prisoner People
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:53 PM

ill take the one with the harrier vagina
user posted image

#5 Coyote

Coyote

The Boy From Oz

• GCN Staff
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 11:29 PM

PS3
user posted image

#6 chuckybob

chuckybob

Freeman Himself

• GCN Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 04:09 PM

go with whatever one has more of the games you want to play.

personally, im waiting to see what the next gta comes out on.
QUOTE(polyguns @ Dec 19 2005, 08:47 PM)
lol, philosophy majors were so funny in college. to have a degree in thinking you would think they would think how the fuck they would get a job thinking. but to think about it  i spent 6.5 years in college still no job in what i did; think about that!

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

QUOTE(DJShamrock @ Jun 13 2006, 01:57 AM)
I remember when pussy was just awesome by itself. It was the best thing ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, BAM! They started landscaping it.

QUOTE(magebomb @ Oct 18 2006, 06:30 PM)
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Give a man religion and he'll sit there, praying for fish, until he and his family starve to death.

#7 SewerCow

SewerCow

The gayest straight man ever

• Senior Members
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE(Gantrithor @ Dec 17 2005, 01:18 PM)
That was quite a bit after launch. When the PS2 came out, the only games were Midnight Club and SSX.

Dang...now that I think about it, you are right ahahah. I guess what I meant was PS2 had the best games in the PS2's life.
user posted image
Muchas Gracias DJShamrock for the sig. :)

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven. -Deus Ex: The Conspiracy

I'm not killing anyone, I'm just enjoying my second amendment right. -The one and only, your's truly-

When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth. -Dawn of the Dead-

#8 Darkside

Darkside

omg hl2 = teh delayed

• GCN Staff
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 11:33 PM

Well, get both, of course.

Now realistically, it's a bit harder decision. People bitch about how the 360 is coming out earlier and is supposedly less powerful, which means it will suck. Then they praise the PS2, even though it came out earlier and is less powerful than the competition. I mean this "console war" is actually sort of similar to the last one, just MS and Sony have switched places. It'll also be interesting to see how all this next gen DVD drive bullshit plays out.

#9 Maxx

Maxx

Lord Kramer

• GCN Staff
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 05:41 AM

girlfriends suck.

360 ftw.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Mutamba Studios PUNCHES YOU IN THE FACE!!

#10 technik

technik

HeadCrab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 07:34 PM

No doubt you should go with a Playstation 3. Why? Well it’s very simple. Playstation is taking more time to perfect their product, unlike Microsoft did with the Xbox 360. Don’t get me wrong I love Microsoft, but if it comes down to choosing a Playstation 3 or an Xbox 360 I would have to say BOTH! I’m sure the Playstation 3 will be better “I hope” but the Xbox has some very cool PC games compatible with the Xbox which is nice for Counter-Strike etc… gamers. But here is why I would choose a Playstation 3.

The Playstation 3 is coming out later this fall, but man will it be nifty. With more juice built in it then any system ever created it will run smoothly and fast. The Playstation line of games is the greatest of all, with over 1,000 titles it remains the number one system on earth. Sure the Xbox had some hits and thousands of crazed Halo fanatics, but frankly in my opinion the Halo line sucks. And I stand by my word. Halo is a non-fiction extremely fake. I know “Games” are not real and all that, but I think the only reason the Xbox survived was because of that game (Halo “2”) Yes I have played it and I also happened to own Socom “1.2.3” and my god, this game kills Halo. I know a lot of you will disagree with my opinion but look at it this way. Socom the 3rd person view and is much more realistic than Halo, Socom offers a FREE online experience which is fine, know one needs chat through an online system, like the Xbox has with the Live, you can chat to anyone with it. But c’mon people. Who really wants to pay for that? Not me and If I can have a FREE version of pretty much the same thing then that is what I will do. The Xbox is great but I think the Playstation 3 will be GREAT!

Thanks for reading my long gibrish,
Nikolas “Technik”
npaprocki@Gmail.com

SOCOMSPOT ADMIN [|] vGnInsider Admin
user posted image

#11 BLACK^WOLF

BLACK^WOLF

██▓▓▒▒░░

• Senior Members
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 08:31 PM

Hmm, it depends, I would rather wait untill we know how expensive the ps3 will be, and what games there are

#12 technik

technik

HeadCrab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 10:32 PM

Well all the old games will be availible on the new system, and im sure Sony is making sure they serpass the Xbox.
SOCOMSPOT ADMIN [|] vGnInsider Admin
user posted image

#13 Maxx

Maxx

Lord Kramer

• GCN Staff
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 12:13 AM

the PS3, honestly, is garbage. its sony. they let me down so bad with the PS2, and they fucked it up and all they did is lie. they've been caught lying hardcore with the PS3, caught red handed and all the fanboys refuse to acknowledge it. dont get me wrong ill end up with a PS3 as well, and a Revolution. but the best platform of them all, without a doubt in anyone's mind, is the PC.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Mutamba Studios PUNCHES YOU IN THE FACE!!

#14 magnetmannen

magnetmannen

• [Colossus]> Colossus Staff
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 11:54 AM

wth, tecnik, u stolen my sig????

well its ok cos i stole it from someone else at a diferent forum, but still.
as for console, i say dont buy right now anyways as price allways drops a bit, theres errors with the xbox that make it undesirable at the moment (move it and it scratches your game??) so i say wait until the playstation is released and see then.
user posted image
"He who trades liberty for security deserves neither and will lose both."
- Thomas Jefferson

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users